Company: Public Health Management Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Program Manager is responsible for managing PA NEN's Social
Marketing Campaign, Training and Education Programs that focus its
efforts on policy, systems and environmental (PSE) efforts to
increase access to healthier environments for SNAP-eligible
individuals and under-resourced communities. Primary
responsibilities include managing the social marketing contract,
supervising staff, quarterly and annual reports, maintaining
communication and relationships with program sites, managing
day-to-day program logistics, developing new methods and approaches
to improving messaging.
This position is located in Harrisburg.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Manages and/or implements, with support from the Executive
Director, day-to-day logistics of programmatic and some
administrative activities for multiple contract- and grant-funded
initiatives to ensure achievement of project deliverables on or
ahead of schedule.
- Leads program planning and monitoring goals and objectives to
support team and programmatic growth.
- Monitors program quality
- Utilizes reports from the data and evaluation team to inform
- Contributes, facilitates, and encourages staff to contribute to
new approaches to improve program delivery, content, and/or
evaluation to better serve SNAP-eligible individuals and
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with funders, program
partners, and project staff to ensure effective communication and
efficient program oversight.
- Convenes and leads regularly scheduled staff meetings for
optimal team building and performance, program quality assurance,
- Represents PA NEN at regular grantee/partnership meetings as
- Ensures educational materials are culturally appropriate for
diverse populations, especially for those with limited reading and
- Keeps abreast of innovative and evidence-based work in social
marketing and event planning approaches and health disparities, and
shares information and resources with staff as appropriate.
- Participates in and initiates conversations that bring forth
new ideas and concepts that align with PA NEN's strategic plan in
regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Participates in grant writing tasks as needed by upper
management to develop concepts, support organizational initiatives
and contributes content expertise as needed.
- Supervises program assistant
- Supports staff in defining priorities, deadlines, and resolving
any program challenges in accordance with direction provided by the
- Conducts program hiring and oversees training and orientation
of new program staff.
- Identifies staff strengths and areas for growth, and provides
coaching and mentorship to support staff in professional and
personal growth and development of skills and competencies to be
successful in their role.
- Writes and conducts annual staff performance management reviews
in a timely manner, including professional development objectives
and milestones. Approval and oversight for review is provided by
the Executive Director.
- Works with colleagues to foster a cohesive team-oriented work
- Provides guidance to nutrition team to ensure compliance with
contracts and funding guidelines.
- Assists with publicizing program and program outcomes,
including abstracts, posters, and presentations.
- Communicates formally on a bi-weekly or weekly basis with
supervisor and direct reports.
- Enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Reviews staff program and travel expenses to ensure
expenditures are in compliance with budget and budget
- Writes and/or edits reports of project activities and SNAP-Ed
reporting and prepares final draft for director review and
submission to funder(s).
Professional Experience Requirement:
- 1-2 years of demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and
lead teams of staff.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience managing programs and
contracts that focus on implementation of public health/education
and/or community-based programs/initiatives.
- Knowledge of Social Marketing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and follow project
timelines to ensure completion of project deliverables on or ahead
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks based on project and
organizational needs and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to
meet objectives with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including
SNAP-eligible individuals and under-resourced communities in a
variety of settings.
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution, time management
and professional communication (written and oral) skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledgeable in the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Experience monitoring budgets.
- Experience with grant writing for community health or related
- Personal commitment to promoting and being a role model for
healthy eating and physical activity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing, public health, health
education, or equivalent.
- Commensurate with education and work experience, full benefits
Keywords: Public Health Management Corporation, Harrisburg , Program Manager, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!