Complete Description: ***This requisition should feature an
initial phone screen with the manager and if that goes well, then
an onsite in-person interview will follow.
Do not re-submit candidates if submitted for # 500799, 502772,
The selected candidate will serve as an architect for iOS Mobile
Computing solutions for PennDOT. The selected candidate will
architect end-to-end solutions for iOS-based mobile products to be
utilized by PennDOT and its third party contractors. The projects
will involve iOS native and hybrid development, security
considerations, data model design for targeted databases, and web
service-oriented client/server backend architectures. The selected
candidate is expected to understand the business and technical
requirements, and in turn design and implement solutions that are
easy to maintain and incorporate reusable components. The selected
candidate is expected to be proficient in problem identification
and resolution, especially in production environments, for both the
device and server side implementations. The selected candidate
should be most versant with Apple technologies and their associated
idiosyncrasies, but must also have working knowledge of the server
side code and technologies. The selected candidate must be
disciplined, organized, and accountable with tasks and delegations,
communicate clearly, exhibit leadership skills, and effectively
manage product owner expectations.
1) Serve as an architect of n-tier applications using iOS as
access technology for enterprise backend systems.
2) Work with product owners, BAs and PMs in defining and
managing the business and technical requirements.
3) Lead the full SDLC process of iOS application solutions,
including but not limited to Objective C, Swift, HTML5, JSON, XML
and consuming RESTful web services.
4) Lead the full SDLC process of web service oriented backend
solutions, including but not limited to Java, Spring frameworks,
MyBatis, consuming SOAP web services, producing RESTful web
services, and SOA middleware.
5) Lead the design of database objects in relational databases,
including but not limited to DB2, SQLServer, and/or Oracle.
6) Comprehensive understanding and experience of Apples
technologies and requirements, including but not limited to
distribution certificates, provisioning profiles, code signing,
keychains, push notifications, app transport requirements, and iOS
7) Expert level knowledge is required of using iOS frameworks
related to UI, Core Data, storyboards, web services,
security/keychain, camera integration, asynchronous/background
processing, multitasking, etc.
8) Expert knowledge of common design patterns (like MVC,
delegation, target-action) and Cocoa layers related to Touch,
Media, OS and Services and Objective/C and iOS principles of memory
management, notifications, blocks, categories, etc.
9) Triage bugs and resolve production issues in a timely and
10) Perform code reviews as needed.
11) Provide technical assistance and mentoring of PennDOT staff
assigned to the project.
12) Follow Agile Scrum methodology, and conduct daily standups,
sprint grooming and planning meetings.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO