IT Internship - Unified Communications (291-369)
Company: American Education Services (AES)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PHEAA has two exciting internship opportunities available within
the Unified Communications Department for Summer 2021. Learn about
how PHEAA works as a business and gain experience in the
information technology field.
Schedule Requirements: 40 Hours/week (Monday through Friday,
between 8 am - 5 pm)
Salary: $11.50/ Hourly
As an intern, you'll work under the general supervision of a
manager. Opportunities to learn include, but are not limited
- Unique opportunity to partner with and be mentored by a diverse
and talented team of IT professionals within the fields of
cybersecurity, Data Center/Infrastructure, and Voice/Data
- This opportunity will provide direct exposure to several
different areas of IT, including: Network Security; Contact Center
Technologies, Enterprise Networks, Server Administration and
Deployments, Vulnerability Management, and more.
- Mapping documentation around PHEAA's internal processes and
- Researching evidence in response to audit inquiries and assist
in preparing action plans.
- Prepare procedures and process flows.
- Minimum Qualifications: Currently enrolled in an institution of
higher education with minimum of 1-2 Years of undergraduate
coursework in Security and Risk Analysis, Cybersecurity, Computer
Science, or related field with desire to pursue a career in related
- Successful candidates should have knowledge/education in the
cybersecurity, risk management, and IT assessment areas.
- If selected for a position, following a conditional job offer,
all candidates for employment must be able to pass a criminal
background check, which is not an automatic bar to employment; a
student loan check, where all loans must be in good standing; and
provide proof of education. Candidates for this position would need
to obtain the Public Trust security clearance. For this level of
clearance, the federal government has a requirement that all
applicants must possess a U.S. citizenship. In light of this
federal government requirement, PHEAA will be unable to hire
applicants without United States citizenship for such
- Basic foundation of information security knowledge, networking
protocols, VoIP, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, and software
- General understanding of IT auditing and/or risk management and
assessment practices, including ability to research evidence in
response to audit inquiries and assist in preparing action plans as
it relates to vulnerability management.
- Ability to understand IT practices.
- Knowledge of Confluence and Visio.
Keywords: American Education Services (AES), Harrisburg , IT Internship - Unified Communications (291-369), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!