Lease Specialist - Corporate Real Estate - Harrisburg
Company: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Maintain a portfolio of real estate leases as assigned. Draft
leases using standard forms, edit lease forms provided by
landlords, abstract and record final leases using MRI real estate
database system, initiate leasing paper flow, and monitors
throughout the life of the lease. Interact with Physicians,
Administrators, Managers, Attorneys and Landlords on a regular
- Prepare weekly update reports for all customers. Meet with
hospital and business unit managers to present lease activity,
discuss upcoming renewals and new physician acquisitions as related
- Draft and edit leases, lease amendments, and other documents
using standard forms.
- Enter lease abstract and final information into the real estate
- Review proposed leases for negative and affirmative
- Prepare and distribute reports, basic spreadsheets, memorandums
and lease documents.
- Utilize queries to extract information from the real estate
- Assist with the tenant improvement process by participating in
meetings with landlord, user group and architect to match tenant
needs with space and prepare a draft layout.
- Observes the lease negotiation process. Attends weekly
construction meetings during project.
- Obtains reimbursement from landlord as required and commence
rent payments/reimbursement for construction to/from landlord.
- Maintain current, efficient, and accurate filing systems for
easy retrieval and tracking of lease documents.
- Prepare lease abstract narratives from lease agreement
- Assist with the new site selection process by participating in
broker selection process and site tours with physicians,
administrators and landlords.
- Observes the site comparison process, evaluation of layouts,
construction requirements and costs, determination of fair market
value of space, and the negotiation of lease rates, terms and
letters of intent.
- Assist with the physician real estate acquisitions by
participating in site tours, evaluation of existing leases, draft
assignments, evaluation of fair market value and lease
Associate's degree in a business related field and 4 years of
relevant real estate experience, OR a Bachelor's degree in a
business related field and 2 years of relevant real estate
Solid understanding of lease terminology and the ability to read
and interpret legal documents.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and
PeopleSoft human resources system.
Strong financial and analytical skills.
Ability to understand and interpret data.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure and
effectively manage time and workload.
Ability to maintain confidentiality, effectively respond to
changing circumstances, and escalate work issues appropriately.
- Job requires travel.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 days.
Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Harrisburg , Lease Specialist - Corporate Real Estate - Harrisburg, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!