Solutions Architect (Azure)
Company: Co-Op Financial Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are seeking a talented Solutions Architect (Azure) to be
responsible for designing and implementing information system
solutions which will adequately support the organization's needs.
This role defines and communicates a shared technical and
architectural vision to help ensure the system or solution under
development is fit for its intended purpose. This includes
identifying new technologies, partners, and applications to enhance
and improve the company's market or internal offerings. Helps with
creating and maintaining a technology reference model. The person
in this position creates architecture artifacts along the project
lifecycle to document technical requirements and vision. They will
work with members of the product team to assess needs and figure
out the underlying issue that needs to be solved. In order to be
successful, our Architects must establish conceptual, logical and
physical design solutions in a scalable manner to deliver modern
experiences leveraging next generation architecture practices and
emerging technologies which align to CO-OP and industry
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Support CO-OP's project delivery by providing high level
estimates for project efforts.
- Ensures alignment of enterprise application architecture to the
company's business strategy.
- Create, maintain and manage IT architecture models and their
- Define function designs and application systems architecture
across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an applications technical infrastructure approach and
provides consultative services on projects focused on architectural
compliance, development and implementation of strategic
- Develop Proof of Concepts to validate approved decisions.
- Provides technical leadership and assistance to other team
members to ensure project completion and user satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain cross system applications architecture
models, views, and documentation.
- Create, maintain, and document enterprise wide
- Reviews solutions and recommended technology assets as part of
an Enterprise Architecture Review Board member.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and work
- MS or MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years overall experience in a professional and
technical capacity including various architecture disciplines, IT,
business operations and project estimation.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, application
testing strategies, analysis and design.
- Well rounded understanding of technology from App Dev, Data,
Infrastructure and Security.
- Understanding/experience of compliance audits and associated
solutions (PCI, SOC, NCUA, etc).
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles including
- Experience operationalizing new solutions and determining
appropriate parties to perform on-going day to day support
- 2+ years direct experience working with cloud and hybrid-cloud
based technology solutions including 1 year experience with PaaS
based software solutions.
- Knowledge of financial systems and environments.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry.
- 5-10 years of software development experience.
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- 6 months or more experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux (RedHat) operating
systems and dependent services (Active Directory, DNS, etc).
- Familiar with virtualization technologies (VDI, VMware),
networking (WAN / LAN) and SAML technologies.
- Understanding of Financial industry regulatory agencies and
standards (ISO, PCI, etc) and it's requirements on technology and
- Solid understanding of HA, DR, and BCP strategies and able to
articulate the design, benefits, and pitfalls of different
- Able to consider current and future state when determining
solutions and clearly articulate and document the approach to reach
future state from current state when necessary.
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60
million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free
ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast
technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion
transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to
deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Co-Op Financial Services, Harrisburg , Solutions Architect (Azure), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!