Mgr - General Manager/Operating Partner
Company: Mission BBQ
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for friendly folks like you to join our team!
MISSION BBQ is unlike any other restaurant concept in the country.
We serve the most authentic, mouth-watering all-American food
anywhere - with a side order of patriotism! Our team is on a
mission to make a difference across the country and in our
communities. And right now, we're looking for Great People to join
us as we grow again.
What we do:
- A great Place to Work - You will be part of an elite team, yet
some might say we're a family
- Home for the Holidays - Closed on New Year's Day, Easter,
Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- No Late Nights - We offer flexible hours and shifts. 11:00am -
9:00pm Mon-Thu, 11:00am - 10:00pm Fri-Sat, 11:30am - 8:00pm
- Free Meals - You'll be serving authentic homemade, hand-crafted
BBQ and chances are, it'll make you hungry. So, dig in - your meals
are on us
- We Encourage Giving Back - Thanking Our Uniformed American
Heroes. Helping out in the Communities we serve. It's the right
thing to do and we support your extra efforts
- Opportunity for Advancement - Grow as we grow! MISSION BBQ
looks forward to seeing our Teammates succeed and do our best to
help with training, a supportive, nurturing environment and commit
to promoting from within
Performs the following tasks on an on-going basis:
- Continuously provides employees with verbal recognition,
direction, and support.
- Communicates with employees to keep them informed of
restaurant, regional, and corporate procedures.
- Communicates with managers to evaluate work procedures, review
restaurant standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or
effectiveness, and respond proactively to any needs that
- Listens to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests,
employees, and other managers to gain an understanding of areas of
strength and opportunity to improve personal and restaurant
- Trains and empowers employees to exercise good judgment to make
decisions regarding service, food quality, and guest
- Monitors and coaches employees on performance, compliance with
procedures, and workload.
- Creates and modifies the weekly work schedule to accommodate
employees, volume, or other emerging trends.
- Investigates safety issues by interviewing those involved in an
accident/event to determine causes and recommend solutions.
- Writes notes and tracks them regarding issues, guests, etc., to
keep other managers informed.
- Teaches, coaches, and documents employees who fail to meet
standards to maintain a high quality workforce.
- Conducts meetings with employees to communicate incentive
programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas
of opportunity, specials, events, etc.
- Fixes minor equipment problems (e.g., light bulbs) or calls for
maintenance assistance when equipment problems cannot be fixed
in-house to maintain the working condition of equipment and reduce
- Monitors job openings resulting from promotions, terminations,
and reorganizations to prepare for internal or external search for
- Screens, tests, and interviews applicants using selection tools
to assess candidates' qualifications.
- Places orders with vendors to maintain adequate stock of
- Supervises deliveries by counting products and checking product
quality to ensure that the billing and delivery meet amount and
- Meets with vendors to keep one another informed of changes and
to provide feedback.
- Reads and reviews invoices to verify accuracy and determine
expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the
- Recruits new employees from within the community to staff the
- Balances staffing levels and labor costs to achieve a
- Conducts cash drops, reviews credit card totals, and verifies
- Completes reports to ensure accurate sales and inventory record
keeping, determine goal accomplishments, and establish future
business plans, goals, and sales projections.
- Reviews restaurant equipment maintenance checklist, evaluates
condition of equipment, and conducts routine maintenance and minor
repairs to ensure smooth operation and save on costs.
- Meets with supervisor regarding personal and restaurant
performance, financial and operations data, action plans, annual
business plans, profitability, and guest satisfaction.
- Monitors and controls food and labor costs using established
methods to meet goals for restaurant and region.
Executes the following tasks during all shifts:
- Prepares restaurant and employees for shift and ensures the
restaurant is ready to be open to standards.
- Inspects employees' work areas for cleanliness to acknowledge
employees' work, delegate other cleaning duties, and/or okay him or
her to go home.
- Performs employees' tasks such as preparing menu items and
cleaning to ensure quality of the guest experience and to help
- Greets employees as they begin their shifts to promote an
atmosphere where they feel welcomed, important, valued, and to
ensure they are ready for work.
- Inspects food items to ensure freshness and proper
- Monitors restaurant to ensure everyone is providing quality
food and service to guests and that safety and sanitation standards
are being met.
- Expedites food preparation to ensure food is prepared and
delivered in a timely fashion.
- Resolves all guest complaints by listening to their issues and
- Ensures all employees follow sanitation, safety, and security
procedures (e.g., panic buttons, alarms).
- College coursework preferred; high school diploma or
- Previous supervisory OR hospitality industry experience
required; both preferred.
- Proficiency communicating (speaking, reading, and writing) in
English; bilingual preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Keywords: Mission BBQ, Harrisburg , Mgr - General Manager/Operating Partner, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!