Environmental Technician I
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assist in the performance of environmental site investigations,
assessments and surveys to sample, evaluate, and analyze
terrestrial ecosystems including, but not limited to riverine,
wetland, and upland. Assist in the identification, evaluation and
recommendation of risk, remediation, and liability management
strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and
local regulations. Assist in the preparation of applicable permit
applications, risk assessments and technical documents including
proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence and
filings. Assist in the coordination and development of
environmental protection plans. Projects may include ecological and
natural resource field surveys, construction monitoring and
oversight, stormwater management inspection, and site planning and
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- Entry-level scientific technician responsible for assisting in
the gathering of data and information to be evaluated and analyzed
independently and by other team members.
- Assists with field studies related to wetland and watercourse
delineation, stream assessments, and wildlife studies.
- Assists in the performance of testing and sampling of
environmental systems including wetlands, streams, lakes, soils,
- Assists with environmental compliance monitoring, inspection,
oversight and reporting.
- Tabulate and prepare data for written reports.
- Assist with report preparation by summarizing data and
information within reports.
- Operates field monitoring equipment.
- Maintains, calibrates, and provides responsible care and
routine inspection of all field equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience or college instruction
in Biology, Wildlife Management, Environmental Science, or related
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental
related certifications requiring experience and written examination
will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Harrisburg , Environmental Technician I, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!