Account Representative (Harrisburg)
Company: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our team is growing and we have a variety of opportunities
available for Account Representatives. If you're familiar with
ICD-10 coding, have a mindset for accuracy and a knowledge base of
medical billing and insurance, and are looking for a career that
offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you
to explore this opportunity today!
This position will work 8 hour shifts for one of the following
times: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or 8:00 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m.
- Understand Billing and Denial Guidelines.
- Identify root cause issues and demonstrate the ability to
recommend corrective action steps to eliminate future occurrences
of denials. Assist in claim appeal process and/or perform follow-up
in accordance with Revenue Cycle policies and procedures.
- Perform duties and job responsibilities in a fashion, which
coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Health
System, including the demonstration of The Basics of Service
Excellence towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians,
and other departments within the organization.
- Verify accuracy of payment posting and reimbursement. Work with
appropriate payer and/or department to resolve any payment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the current functionality of the
patient accounting systems.
- Meet quality assurance, benchmark standards and maintain
productivity levels as defined by management.
- Identify issues and submit corrective action
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and
effective problem solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to communicate with patients, payors, outside agencies,
and general public through telephone, electronic and written
- Working experience on personal computers, electronic
calculators and various office equipment is needed.
- Collections or medical billing experience with basic
understanding of ICD9, CPT4, HCPCS, and medical terminology is
- Familiarity with third party payor guidelines and reimbursement
practices and available financial resources for payment of balances
due is beneficial.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Harrisburg , Account Representative (Harrisburg), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!