Company: Global Data Consultants
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Server Administrator in
the Harrisburg, PA area.
- Monitor systems and evaluate availability of all server
resources and perform all activities for Linux servers.
- Monitor and maintain all patch releases and maintain all
systems according to Linux OS standards.
- Design and maintain all system tools for scripts and automation
processes in Linux environments.
- Assist configuration and deployment of Linux virtual
- Documentation of current processes and newly developed
- Server hardware configuration, firmware patching and
- Manage Windows server roles and features, including: Group
Policy management, Microsoft Cluster configuration and management,
File and Folder management and access, network printing services,
server performance tuning and monitoring, user access and
administration, application and services management.
- Maintain Active Directory, user and departmental file shares,
user accounts and access authorization, DNS, DHCP and server domain
- Administer and maintain all aspects of Windows server patching
and updates, ensuring server security is maintained at the highest
- Support and maintain system integration of the Microsoft
Windows server environment, including: application configuration,
virtualization, storage configuration, backup and recovery, and
- 3+ years of prior experience as a Windows/Linux Server
- Experience with administration of Linux operating systems such
as RHEL 7 and Centos 7.
- Experience with Shell, Perl, or Python scripting.
- Experience with administration and maintenance of Microsoft
Windows Server version 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 non-R2 and
R2 releases. Experience should include Microsoft Windows Server
Active Directory administration.
- Experience with PowerShell and managing groups of servers and
mass configuration changes.
- BS in related field is desired, however not required.
- RHCT preferred but not required.
- Microsoft MCSE is preferred, but not required.
What We Do
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company
specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application
development, multilingual service desk, networking and
infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and Vacation
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment
Keywords: Global Data Consultants, Harrisburg , Server Administrator, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!