Technical Integrations Lead
Company: Global Data Consultants
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Technical Integrations
Lead in the Harrisburg, PA area.
Design and Development:
- Become familiar with existing applications and
- Participate in collaborative reviews of requirements/high level
- Collaborate with solution architect and other technical leads
throughout design and development process. Escalate any newly
identified design changes/concerns back to this same group and work
together to remediate.
- Ensure clarity of expectations, in regards to both what
activities will be completed and when they are to be completed.
Escalate concerns timely and appropriately when expectations will
not be met.
- Identify and protect build dependencies for the team.
- Create work breakdown structure (WBS) and communicate to
management. Work with project management on establishing timelines
based on WBS.
- Own project plan and track efforts to established dates
communicating frequently with project management. Monitor and
follow up on any open items to ensure they are address in a timely
- Escalate concerns as soon as possible to management (missing
dependencies, build effort not on track, project changes are
- Communicate expectations clearly to developers. Responsible to
make sure the developer has adequate information to be successful
on what they are being asked to do.
- Monitor and oversee source code management including branching
- Follow up frequently with developers to ensure tasks are on
schedule and they have the support they need (clear hurdles as
necessary or escalate to management for support).
- Oversee and track external requests (scheduling, database,
- Point of contact for development team with other teams (project
management, requirements, design, other development teams, testing,
release management, etc). Provide leadership to influence other
teams' decisions and work for the success of the project.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Value simple and clean code over clever or complex code.
- Increase effort and display urgency to ensure team
- Work independently and escalate only when necessary and after
appropriate due diligence has been done.
- Ensure all SDLC deliverables are completed on time and to
- Coordinate with and support release management in promotion of
- Work with testing teams to ensure application is being tested
appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provide direction and mentoring to developers in regards to
standards, processes, and technologies.
- Responsible to Identify opportunities for improving standards,
processes, and best practices for development team and communicate
them with team members and champion their adoption.
- Recommend new software/libraries/tools that are necessary or
would improve development capabilities. Organize and execute any
necessary proof of concepts and follow through on documentation,
communication, and adoption.
The following responsibilities are specific to the API Gateway
- Responsible for creating powerful, scalable APIs using REST and
other patterns that follow our API design standards and best
- Leads and coordinates API development work across all internal
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains complex
integration solutions with limited direction.
- Act as an expert in the areas of API Integration technologies,
quality control and auditing of information, including working
directly with developers and clients to resolve specific
integration issues. Coding is required.
- Provide ongoing technical training and mentoring to team
members in API Integration methodologies and technologies.
- Enrich and contribute to the standards, best practices and
patterns with respect to API design.
- Assists in establishing API consumption and monitoring strategy
and helps create Metrics and Monitors.
- Collaborate with Enterprise architecture team in Development
and implementation of Governance standards and best practices.
Problem Solving Skills:
- Isolating complex problems using internal and external
- Resolve application design and logic errors focusing on the
right way to solve the problem, not just the easiest.
- Distinguishing between system, application and procedural
problems and provide the proper direction and designed
- Research error conditions with integrated application(s) and
provide direction or design solutions that will correct this
- Mentor developers in breaking down a problem and identifying
simple effective solutions.
- Support developers in troubleshooting technology and coding
- Ensure development team is executing appropriate testing for
the effort at hand. Includes new code, regression, edge cases,
exception, and performance testing.
- Support developers with challenging issues found in
- Collaborating with QA and UAT for testing of efforts.
- Mentor developers in how to setup and execute appropriate
- Ensure appropriate release documentation is completed by
- Collaborating with Release Management for the release of
applications into production.
- Create and maintain appropriate design documentation.
- Review developer documentation and ensure it meets standards
and is clear/concise. Work with developer if improvements or
adjustments are needed.
- Advising users on routine questions related to the applications
(e.g., completing transactions, selecting options and
- Keeping users informed of forthcoming enhancements and product
changes by announcements, release schedules, and discussing
- Explaining technical problems to the Help Desk and to
- Excellent understanding of current programming languages and
practices. This includes a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Microsoft .NET
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study
required or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages required for this
- 5 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming and
concepts of encapsulation.
- 5 years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Web Services (SOAP and/or REST) and corresponding tools.
- Experience with industry standard source control tools.
- 5 years of experience with API Gateway software solutions.
- Expert experience in the Axway API Manager, Axway Policy
Studio, Axway API Gateway, Analytics and other tooling within the
Axway product suite.
- Possess a broad range of knowledge of around various API and
- Experience in integration technologies like Neudesic Neuron,
Microsoft BizTalk and experience with understanding and
implementing integration patterns.
- Extensive experience working with SOAP, WSDL, XML Web Services
and RESTful APIs.
- Proven experience with designing, testing, and implementing
web-services and integrations in a Service Oriented
- Good understanding of B2B scenarios (gateways, security,
business partner agreements).
- Proven experience in Swagger and other API documentation
- Knowledge of the windows operating environment.
- Knowledge of database software.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study
What We Do
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company
specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application
development, multilingual service desk, networking and
infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and Vacation
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment
Keywords: Global Data Consultants, Harrisburg , Technical Integrations Lead, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!