Harrisburg Transportation Section Manager
Company: HNTB Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What We're Looking For
We're looking for a collaborative leader to grow the Harrisburg
Transportation Section and deliver quality projects on time, within
budget and to the client's satisfaction. The Harrisburg
Transportation section manager will work closely with other
sections and project managers to deliver projects. This person will
collaborate on project priorities and staff assignments. The
Harrisburg Transportation section manager will also provide career
development coaching to each member of their staff. We have
projects with notable clients such as PennDOT, Pennsylvania
Turnpike, SEPTA, Amtrak, and DRPA.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Lead the team to deliver quality within budget and on
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client within the
- Depending upon the scope and size of a project, may serve as a
project manager, deputy project manager or task lead.
- Manages and coaches Harrisburg transportation section staff to
develop their careers
- Serves as a technical resource in multiple technical areas
within transportation such as: Line and Grade, Safety Review,
Design Field View, Right of Way, Traffic Control, Signing &
Pavement Marking, Cross Sections, Final Design plans and
- Coordinates with multiple disciplines including performing
- Collaborates with client service leaders to implement project
marketing and recruitment to grow the section.
- Guides team members to perform work planning, scope development
and fee estimating.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- PE License
- 10 years of experience in transportation engineering
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Proficient experience in: Microstation V8i, Inroads, Autotab,
ECMS, Auto turn, and/or Guide Sign
- Experience with PennDOT, Pennsylvania Turnpike, SEPTA, Amtrak
What You'll Need
- Coordinates activities of engineering section.
- Assigns priorities and staff to jobs.
- Coordinates time and budget on jobs.
- Maintains client contacts to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensures quality control are maintained on project(s).
- Typically manages up to 15 employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 11 years relevant experience
- 2 years supervisory experience
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
R-04913 Full Time #AS #Highways
Keywords: HNTB Corporation, Harrisburg , Harrisburg Transportation Section Manager, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!