Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Apply now and move your career forward with Airgas as a
Production Associate (Cylinder Loader) in Harrisburg, PA!
What you will do:
The Production Associate (Cylinder Loader) will be responsible
for loading and unloading of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on
/ off trucks in compliance with federal, state, local regulations.
The Loader will also be responsible for meeting all safety
standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack and other
- Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain
hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are
- Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks,
burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of
cylinders prior to filling.
- Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe
work method or equipment
- Segregates out test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
- Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of experience in manufacturing operations or loading
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a
wide variety of people with different personalities and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one
million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products,
services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates,
over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total
Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world
leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health,
Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and
industry-leading technology and innovations.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director,
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver,
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,