Fire Protection Inspector
Company: Air Systems
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Sprinkler & Alarm Inspector
The primary function of this role is to perform NFPA based
inspections of water-based fire systems and fire alarm systems. The
Company goal is to continuously grow the revenues of Inspections
while maintaining profits, satisfying customers requirements, and
staying compliant with NFPA guidelines.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced
multi-tasked environment with a focus towards customer development
and support, quality work performance, and an understanding of all
the necessary NFPA codes that support each fire system. It will
require travel to customer sites.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Perform basic troubleshooting of wet based fire systems, and
describe them to owners and service managers for repairs.
- Perform inspections from man lifts at elevations of 30 to 40
feet from ground level, as necessary.
- Perform annual inspections on both domestic and fire back
- Monitor and assure progress and completion of all assigned
- Complete and submit all work tickets and inspection reports to
administrative personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for self-scheduling of daily inspections.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education / Work Experience:
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on wet, dry, deluge,
pre-action, and fire pumps required.
- Perform NFPA 25 based inspections on standpipe systems and fire
- Perform NFPA 72 based inspections on fire alarm systems,
including all components of those systems a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required; vocational or industry
trade school is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of the
following Fire Protection Systems required: wet, dry, foam, deluge,
pre-action, standpipe, fire hydrants, and fire pumps.
- Individual backflow license and NICET Level II in water based
or fire alarm systems are pluses.
- Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot
mechanical and electrical issues required.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors or
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record required.
- Ability to obtain all required certifications, including
- Able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office
applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
Keywords: Air Systems, Harrisburg , Fire Protection Inspector, Other , harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!