SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing,
and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global
benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000
employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.
Client Specialist needed in fast-paced contract testing
laboratory setting, to perform sample receipt/entry, analytical
report preparation and customer support activities. The Client
Specialist acts as one of our customers' key contacts within the
laboratory. In this position, you will provide our clients with
outstanding customer service using excellent communications skills
and automated information systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect incoming samples and verify complete and accurate
submittal paperwork is present.
- Communicate directly with clients via phone and email,
regarding questions, clarifications or discrepancies regarding
- Log Incoming samples into the Laboratory Information Management
- Proof sample entries in the LIMS.
- Send Sample Receipt Confirmation emails to clients.
- Build analytical reports from the LIMS.
- Review and send analytical reports to clients.
- Scan all incoming sample submittal paperwork and save documents
to the main computer server.
- Maintain proper filing and storage of physical sample submittal
- Respond to inquiries from clients, whether received by phone or
- Answer phones in a timely, courteous manner.
- Maintain good client relationships.
- Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated from a recognized four-year college with
specialization in science
- However, professional experience in chemistry or quality
control may be substituted on a year for year basis for the desired
- Bachelor's degree in a physical science (e.g., Chemistry)
- Previous experience working in a fast pace contract laboratory
- Previous customer service experience.
- Demonstrated high level proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite, with emphasis on Word and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to understand and communicate with
coworkers with vocabulary knowledge of general laboratory equipment
and analytical units.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic skills needed for data analysis
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate skill needed
- Computer Skills: Ability to use basic word processing, email
and spreadsheet programs
- High level of detail needed for this position.
- No travel required. / Travels up to _5% of time. Some
travel might be international.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
- Desk Job/Sitting - Frequently
- Walking around laboratory and sample receipt - Partial
- No special vision requirements other than the ability to see
- No special auditory requirements
- Safety-Sensitive: Handling of client-supplied samples which may
include occasional biohazards.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status a s a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.