Special Education Teacher
Company: New Story LLC
Posted on: June 7, 2021
New Story School Is a private
licensed academic school that provides special education support
for children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with
autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams
collaborate with families, school districts and community partners
to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new
stories in their lives.
New Story is searching for
a Special Education
Teacher to teach and mentor our
emotional support students. As a Special Education Teacher, you
play an integral role in the success of our students while
overseeing the classroom team and dynamics and functioning of all
staff within their classroom. This position is for our
"Selinsgrove" school location.
THIS POSITION IS BEING HIRED FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL
YEAR AND POSSIBILITY OF WORKING THE 2021 EXTENDED YEAR PROGRAM
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which
includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team
members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team
to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff
within the classroom.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA
privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor
Eligible New Story employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Employee Discount program
- Rewards program
- Potential for growth within the company
- 401k options and paid school holidays for full time
New Story is an Equal Opportunity employer. For more information
about New Story Schools, careers and benefits, please visit our
- Experience working with children with behavior/learning
disorders. - 6 months
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.
- PA Teacher License
- Student Information System
- Lesson Plan Development
- Classroom Management
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: New Story LLC, Harrisburg , Special Education Teacher, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!