Business Process Improvement Manager
Posted on: June 7, 2021
PSECU, a high-tech progressive financial institution with more
than $7 billion in assets, is seeking a Business Process
Improvement (BPI) Manager to lead our transformation team and help
us increase our efficiency. The BPI Manager's primary duties
include leading and ensuring that the BPI teams' ideas and
initiatives conform to the organization's long-term business
strategy and collaborating with different departments, so processes
work as efficient as possible. You will lead the team that is
working with our employees, documenting current processes, and
collaborating with management on how the processes can become more
efficient. The BPI team evaluates current business processes and
designs, tests, and implements new processes to improve efficiency,
profitability, and performance. Deliverables include but are not
limited to documenting process workflows, use cases and manage
investment priorities. The position will be supporting our
end-to-end Busines improvement with not only regards to processes,
but how we measure the improvements with clear targets and
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a great
work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement
programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition
Employee Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday-Friday - 9:00am-5:00pm
Salary Range: $88,275-$141,239, commensurate with experience
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
- Oversee the inception, development, deployment, maintenance,
and evolution of all assigned solutions related to BPI.
- Manage a BPI team comprised of representatives amongst the
business, execute on the BPI vision and develop a mission for the
- Work with process improvement and transformation teams in the
strategic improvement of business processes across member
experience, revenue growth & lending, finance, human resources,
risk and technology & operations.
- Improve business processes to eliminate waste, increase
velocity, improve quality, offer financial benefits, and improve
- Works closely with business, IT, operations, vendors and
consultants to enhance and upgrade the enterprise content
- Facilitate cross-functional improvement initiatives with
stakeholders and subject matter experts, including meaningful
two-way communication with all stakeholders.
- Create and contribute to detailed project documentation with a
focus on business process improvements and opportunities to
leverage technology to generate efficiencies.
- Consults with line of business to evaluate and oversee an
organization's operations or technology processes. Develops
solutions to optimize process efficiency, reduce processing time,
and mitigate risks.
- Facilitate improvement workshops across departments and units
applying best in class methodologies in change management tools and
- Conducts thorough business diagnostics to identify, quantify
and prioritize value creation projects. Develops and presents
business case to approval committees. Responsible for overseeing
implementation deliverables, cost-estimates, cost-benefit analysis,
and providing rationale to how process improvement opportunities
will assist in accomplishing business objectives more
- Uses broad knowledge to facilitate the redesign of
organizational processes. Creates solutions that optimize process
quality, efficiency, and cost. Support prioritization and value
estimation of use case value for prioritization.
- Consults with all levels of the organization to ensure that
introduction of new processes is smooth and effective and sustains
or improves quality of output. Mentors individuals and teams to
build capabilities. Leverages strong relationships with the Line of
Business to ensure continuous improvement after initial
- May lead efforts to improve the quality and/or minimize process
cost. Utilizes data analysis and process modeling to craft
appropriate solutions that meet business requirements. Prepares and
may present recommendations to governance committees for approval.
Assess risks associated with current and proposed processes against
business objectives and ensures alignments with the bank's and
unit's risk appetite and risk management framework. Work with data
analytics group for any business intelligence needs.
- Understand business and technical objectives of a project and
work closely with project sponsor to achieve project goals and
supporting business cases.
- Develop process maps that serve as accurate representations of
business processes. Utilize Lean, DMAIC and Design for Six Sigma
tools and methodologies to define activities that are aligned with
- Maintain project requirements documentation for multiple
projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and a high degree of
- Prepare reports and presentations demonstrating value for the
program and efficiency of the program for leadership teams.
- Develop and share best practices among fellow process
improvement coaches and clients.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in matters pertaining to
the personal affairs, including credit union account information,
of members and credit union employees.
- Ensure compliance with all federal (FFIEC guidelines and
Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404) and state regulations.
- Demonstrates and promotes PSECU's Pride Principles:
Partnership, Reliability, Integrity, Dedication, Ethics.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to
all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk
management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's
compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community
Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit
Opportunity Act, etc.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for all PSECU
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Non-essential:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position may be advertised in the public media.
- Appointment to this position is not subject to the terms of the
Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Applicant may be required to complete one or more employment
assessments and/or testing.
- This position may be subject to telephone monitoring to assure
quality member communications.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified
individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the
essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
MINIMUM / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, computer information
systems, computer science or related field,
And three to five years of Business Process Improvement
experience, ideally in a complex, ISO certified organization,
Business process experience that includes the knowledge and
understanding on how a business runs and experience with process
Familiarity with Project Management processes and
Or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma green belt or black belt, or SAFe
certification is preferred,
Experience in consulting on the use of intelligent automation
(Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning, Workflow
systems) would be a plus,
Experience mapping enterprise level business processes,
Knowledge of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN),
Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills,
Excellent oral and written skills for use in writing detailed
business requirements and presenting solutions to other team
Previous exposure to software development environments.
Keywords: PSECU, Harrisburg , Business Process Improvement Manager, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!