Senior Solaris/Unix System Administrator (Remote)
Company: TE Connectivity Ltd
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from
diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable
and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion global technology
leader. Our commitment to innovation enables advancements in
transportation, industrial applications, medical technology,
energy, data communications, and the home. TE's unmatched breadth
of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest of
environments, helps build a safer, greener, smarter and more
connected world. With 75,000 people - including more than 7,000
engineers - working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, we
help ensure that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - www.TE.com
- Environment; TE's global infrastructure server, storage, backup
and disaster recovery (SSBR) function supporting 40,000+ TE users
in 50+ countries utilizing 1,000+ applications. SSBR devices
located in both primary data center hubs in US, Germany, Japan,
China and Hong Kong and in TE site locations around the globe.
Business Unit Description TEIS GISS
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the day to
day operational support and management of Unix based server
infrastructure across TE globally. The individual in this role is
involved in both 'business as usual' support activity as well as
support of project implementations. Key objectives in this role are
standardization, simplification and consolidation of the
environment all while delivering on scalability.
- Provides day to day operational support of all infrastructure
related to Unix servers. Including RedHat Linux and Solaris
- Actively participates in the resolution of service now tickets
by taking ownership of tickets, resolving and closing with proper
detail. Works with other engineers to support the closure of
tickets where applicable.
- Participates or Leads in P1/P2 type incidents by actively
sitting on MIM (Major Incident Management) bridges. Provides
regular status updates to peers and management. Able to translate
complex technical issues into layman's terms to provide executive
- Identifies gaps in standards and acts as key contributor/driver
in developing and documenting standards as they relate to the
global server platforms.
- Implements those standards using toolsets to minimize
configuration drift and within the server platforms and underlaying
systems. Includes recommending toolsets when gaps are
- Proactively monitors and tune systems to achieve optimum
performance levels; provide performance statistics and
- Provides oversight and participates in disaster recovery
planning and execution. Consulted on complex issues during DR
- Demonstrated ability in being a lead for projects based on IT
initiatives. Ownership of key tasks/milestones to achieve a
- Able to identify tasks and prioritize accordingly to deliver on
short term and long-term activities. Assists peers in defining
- Aligns other infrastructure teams including storage, backup and
disaster recovery groups to deliver a common strategy.
- Mentors and develops other members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience with unix server technologies including
patching, kernel configuration, optimization and performance
- Expert understanding of unix server infrastructure, network
concepts, firewall and storage areas in order to troubleshoot
issues. Robust troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for streamlining
processes using shell scripting and or automation platforms like
Ansible or Puppet. Turns concepts into practical
- Experienced with working in a large, global, follow the sun
support organization. Understands how and when to pull in global
teams to resolve issues.
- Provide off hours support through the use of a rotating on call
procedure. May serve as an escalation for on-call issues.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Generally, requires bachelor's degree in appropriate field with
a minimum of 6 years of experience; Master's degree or higher or
local equivalent may be preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader
creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our
broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the
harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation,
industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data
communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees,
including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in
approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION
COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $xxx -
xxx (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity
reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the
experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as
internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance,
401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan,
paid time off and voluntary benefits.
Middeltown, PA, US, 17101
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 70226
Function: Information Technology
Keywords: TE Connectivity Ltd, Harrisburg , Senior Solaris/Unix System Administrator (Remote), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!