SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing,
and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global
benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000
employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.
Lead Chemist - Vitamin Lab - needed in fast-paced contract
testing laboratory to perform the functions of coordinating
throughput of vitamin lab, method development and validation,
sample preparation and/or analysis of a wide variety of Vitamins
and Amino Acids, trouble shooting instruments, and working with
Sales & Clients to determine practical solutions to testing needs,
all in support of HPLC/UHPLC, UV-Vis, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS testing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize and manage workflow of sample testing, data analysis
and data reporting for the Vitamin Laboratory.
- Method development and validation using chromatographic and
- Prepares and analyzes samples using internal laboratory or
- Have experience and/or knowledge in small molecule sample
extraction and separation from complex matrices.
- Performs data analysis, data interpretation and report
- Exhibits excellent laboratory skills in the use of balances,
pipettes, and glassware.
- Safely handles organic solvents, corrosive acids, bases and
other chemicals in the laboratory.
- Maintains meticulous records following cGMP documentation
- Follows all safety protocols appropriate for the laboratory
- Maintains strong attention to detail while performing in a
- Able to prioritize work with good time management skills.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a physical science (e.g.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Small Molecule analysis
- Hands-on experience with chromatographic and spectrophotometric
techniques such as HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Experience with OpenLab CDS (ChemStation) and MassHunter
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Language Skills: Ability to understand and communicate with
coworkers with vocabulary knowledge of general laboratory equipment
and analytical units.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic skills needed for data analysis
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate skill needed
- Computer Skills: Ability to use basic word processing, email
and spreadsheet programs
- High level of detail needed for this job.
- No travel required. / Travels up to 5% of time. Some travel
might be international.
- Analytical Balances,
- HPLC, UHPLC, LC-MS
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO