Dietitian Part Time NE
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: June 8, 2021
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer
service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program,
including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Provides nutritional services for the facility's in-center and home
patients as applicable in order to maximize the patient's
nutritional status and improve clinical outcomes. Functions as a
member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, supporting the
FMCNA commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and
Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAI) activities.
Actively participates in process improvement activities that
enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve their
individualized patient-specific goals as determined by the
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses patient's knowledge of diet and kidney disease and
provides education appropriate to patient's learning needs
regarding the relationship of diet and kidney disease and the
impact on the treatment process.
- Provides patient specific detailed education to
patient/family/caregiver regarding nutritional status, adequacy
measures and results, fluid status, and all nutrition related lab
parameters pertaining to their disease process.
- Completes nutritional assessment and participates in the
interdisciplinary comprehensive assessments.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team in the development
of a written, individualized comprehensive plan of care that
specifies the services necessary to address the patient's needs, in
accordance with established Federal and, where applicable, state
- Calculates diet prescription according to standard of
- Completes progress notes on all chronic dialysis patients
according to established FMCNA guidelines. Maintains complete and
accurate documentation of all appropriate information in medical
record according to established FMCNA policies and Federal and
- Provides patient with ongoing nutrition assessment and
outcome-oriented nutrition counseling necessary to assist patient
in achieving and sustaining an effective nutritional status.
- Identifies malnourished patients as well as patients at risk
for malnutrition and works collaboratively with interdisciplinary
team to identify appropriate interventions, resources or solutions.
Reviews each patient's albumin level and body weight at least
monthly. Implements plan of care with involvement of
- Monitors adherence and response to nutrition therapy, adjusts
therapy as needed to achieve and sustain an effective nutritional
status, documents why the patient was unable to achieve the goals
and implements the plan of care to address issues impacting the
patient's ability to achieve the goals.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on Urea Kinetic
Modeling recommendations to achieve the physician's prescription of
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team on management and
recommendations for mineral metabolism and renal bone disease,
anemia and iron status, nutritional status, psychosocial status,
vascular access, modality, rehabilitation status and sodium/volume
- Adheres to FMCNA algorithm and medical record policies.
- Reports on nutrition QAI results and participates in the
interdisciplinary QAI program.
- Collaborates and coordinates with team members in provision of
Pre-ESRD education as appropriate.
- When appropriate, works with Case Manager to coordinate plan of
care for patient education and identifies candidates to refer to
physician for nutritional supplements, as per disease management
- Reviews nutrition related lab results:
- Counsels patient and/or caregiver and formulates appropriate
- Recommends treatment changes to the interdisciplinary team as
- Communicates with physician and/or facility staff regarding lab
results as appropriate.
- Communicates lab results and recommended treatment changes to
providers of patient care in nursing facilities (i.e. hospitals,
short term and long term care facilities).
- Participates in pertinent staff meetings (i.e. general staff,
quality improvement), Care plan meetings, and others as
- Consults with FMS Corporate Dietitian regarding nutrition
concerns as needed.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills for a competent and
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours
as specified by American Dietetic Association and state licensure
regulations where applicable.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team, ensuring that all
work areas are safe and clean.
- Other nutrition management duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic
- Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition encouraged.
- Current state licensure if applicable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience in clinical
nutrition as a Registered Dietitian.
- Previous renal experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the
position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills,
excellent communication, customer service, relationship
development, results orientation, team building and decision
- Able to perform responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Basic computer skills required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Harrisburg , Dietitian Part Time NE, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!