IT Support Specialist I
Company: Global Data Consultants
Posted on: June 9, 2021
GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist I
in the Harrisburg, PA area.
Provides technical support to the end user community in the use
of available Desktop Services products, client/server software,
application/system upgrades, web-based solutions, cloud-based
systems/platforms, Operation Systems, and ITIL systems. Provides
the following support services: assistance in product use, problem
resolution, installation of hardware and software, Moves, Adds,
Changes (MACs), interface with vendors when necessary. Provide
remote or on-site support for desktops, laptops, mobile devices,
telephones, printers, Audio/Video, asset management systems, tablet
devices, and software applications, as required. Provide first and
second level technical support to all areas. Maintain consistent
quality and conform to written standards in all manner of work.
Ability to learn new skills and technologies as the business needs
require. Ability to operate ITIL based processes and workflows.
- Configures, installs, moves and maintains DS hardware and
software products (i.e., databases, spreadsheets, project
management, word processing, desktop publishing, operating systems,
E-mail, desktops, laptops, virtual devices, mobile devices, phones,
and printers, etc.).
- Maintenance of computer and computer-related systems. Imaging,
Deploying, and Troubleshooting, and Updating systems all to
department and company standards.
- Asset Management - prevent loss/shrinkage of hardware, data,
and software assets. Conform to standards and assist with all
methods and procedures to assist with asset management.
- Provides technical support to end users in use of available DS
products and assists in problem resolution. Interfaces with vendors
- Assisting office and retail workers with the operation of their
computer systems and software applications.
- Testing of computers, hardware and software ensuring that
systems are functioning properly.
- Physical setup of computer and software systems for various
applications and programs.
- Maintain consistent quality of all devices based on written
- Maintaining other computer peripheral devices.
- Develop and Maintain Automation of Processes and Procedures on
all platforms and systems with purpose of minimizing or eliminating
- Reporting/Monitoring - consistently reviewing and seeking
information to allow for dashboarding, reporting, and analytics of
relevant data to assist with department functions, tasks, and
- Maintains knowledge of technology through research and
attendance at vendor seminars, professional associations, external
training, and user group meetings.
- Training staff and familiarizing them on how to use computer
hardware and software systems.
- Carrying out other duties as may be requested by management
and/or peers delegated Project-level and/or Administrative-level
- Coordination of computer maintenance with other Information
- A minimum of two years' work experience in a desktop computing
- Bachelor's Degree or two years post high school education, or a
combination of work experience and education.
- Technical understanding and two years' work experience in the
use of various desktop software applications (i.e., Windows 10 and
higher, Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Crystal Reports,
Sophos, ServiceNow, Oracle, Sybase, Virtual Systems, MS System
Center, cloud-based systems, etc) along with any Desktop and/or
Mobile hardware platforms deployed and maintained by the company,
along with subsidiaries.
- Reporting and BI Knowledge - ability to gather data, analyze,
and report data relevant to supporting Desktop Services.
- Scripting / Automation - ability to create scripts/code to
automate tasks and functions.
- Familiar with the business environment and organizational
functions in order to effectively support end user
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both
verbally and in writing with all levels of internal/external
personnel in order to respond to customer problems and present
technical concepts to audiences of all levels.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills in a
desktop support environment to accurately and efficiently identify,
analyze, troubleshoot, and respond to complex problems while
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments independently,
meet deadlines, and manage multiple changing priorities in a
dynamic work environment.
- Ability to be flexible and react appropriately to changing job
assignments, work hours, work environments and work locations.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive, supportive, and
constructive attitude with both internal and external
customers/peers in order to provide 2nd level technical support in
the use of desktop support products.
What We Do
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company
specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application
development, multilingual service desk, networking and
infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and Vacation
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment
Keywords: Global Data Consultants, Harrisburg , IT Support Specialist I, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!