WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets, that is why we provide
excellent comprehensive benefits.
Medical Dental Vision 401(k) Life Insurance Disability (STD/LTD)
Caregiving Support Critical Illness Hospital and Accident Coverage
Employee Assistance Program Telehealth Wellness Paid Holidays PTO
Employee Stock Option Plan Tuition Reimbursement Identity Theft
Protection Pet Insurance Health Case Management, and much more.
We are environmentally conscious and responsible. Proud
supporters of local and national charities, and we provide immense
Check out our video: Your Career at AMES
WHO WE ARE
Check out our video: WE are AMES
WHO YOU ARE
As the Senior Industrial Engineer you will perform a variety of
engineering assignments to support Operations including: work
measurement, equipment layout, material flow, accident prevention,
labor utilization, waste reduction and system maintenance. You may
assist the Packaging Engineer to develop and design packaging
materials, shipping containers, etc., for the attractive and safe
shipping of products under varying conditions of climate,
environment, and differing modes of transportation.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
At our Manufacturing facility in Harrisburg, PA.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform time studies and methods engineering for productions
- Evaluate processes and develops written standard practices for
a manufacturing facility
- Develop work simplification and methods improvements
- Complete cost reduction projects via methods, tooling, and
- Complete cost estimates in conjunction with Finance
- Apply appropriate engineering policies and practices in a plant
environment to improve operating performance and reduce waste,
delays and costs
- Provide technical oversight and assistance to multiple
departments as required
- Develop and delivers fixturing solutions using various
- Create and maintain safe work environment
- Collaborate with packaging engineer, manufacturing locations,
transportation and distribution functions to improve quality and
cost of existing packaging solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years of related experience.
- Must have BasicMost certification.
- Green Belt Six Sigma certified.
- Certification in Work Force Optimization preferred.
- Strong PC skills including the Microsoft Office Suite;
primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Additional PC skills with MiniTab or other statistics
- In-depth ERP and PLM system knowledge is helpful.
- In-depth knowledge of various engineering disciplines and
- In-depth knowledge of CREO, SolidWorks, or other 3D modeling
software is helpful.
- Advanced working knowledge of engineering change and new item
- Demonstrated advanced ability to solve a problem by using a
logical, systematic and sequential approach.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to maintain a consistently high
level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to develop, sponsor and support
the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures
- Demonstrated advanced ability to find a solution or to deal
proactively with work-related problems.
- Travel 10-20%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- This position is located both in a manufacturing and office
environment. Individual is required to sit or be on their feet for
long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need
the ability to lift and carry loads up to 35 pounds.
- The associate will be exposed to a manufacturing environment
and required to wear personal protective equipment.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The AMES Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants wil