PSECU, a high-tech, progressive financial institution with more
than $7 billion in assets, is seeking a Cloud Architect. The Cloud
Architect position will offer subject matter expertise in the
innovation and implementation of our cloud data center strategy,
utilizing the latest best of breed technologies This role is a key
leader in the design and management of the next generation data
center and possesses a mix of advanced architectural experience
with infrastructure technology.
The Cloud Architect position is responsible for identifying
requirements, design, installation, configuration, and integration
of securely delivered cloud services. Collaborates with the IT
Network and Security Operation teams to provide day-to-day
engineering support for incident escalation and problem
identification / resolution.
The Cloud Architect must be able to develop comprehensive
infrastructure solutions to meet strategic objectives. Solutions
must meet industry standards, maximize performance, availability,
capacity, TCO and exhibit integrity, reliability, functionality,
and security. Leads continuous improvement efforts to enhance
infrastructure performance, security, and to optimize core
Benefits: We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and
great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement
programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition
Employee Type: Full-time
Salary Ranges (based on years of experience):
3 - 5 years of experience: $68,585/yr. - $109,735/yr.,
Commensurate with experience
5 - 7+ years of experience: $78,099/yr. - $124,959/yr.,
Commensurate with experience
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
- Responsible for designing and implementing efficient and
sustainable technology solutions and programs that meet the present
and future needs of PSECU, in conjunction with data owners and
department managers when applicable.
- Maintain the credit unions security posture by ensuring
implementations and solutions include critical security controls
and meet security and networking standards.
- Ensure platforms are protected from unauthorized external and
- Support the credit unions BCP/DR program through development,
design and documentation of system recoveries.
- Provide support and recommendations for systems lifecycles,
installations, upgrades and maintenance of all network and server
- Responsible for the timely completion of all assigned support
tickets, provide support and guidance to Network
- Participate in 24/7, non-business hour pager duty with other
Network Unit staff.
- Ensure 2nd level support to staff, business units, and vendors;
meet defined service level agreements.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Network Services
- Participate in multiple projects, update comprehensive project
plans and attend scheduled project meetings.
- Perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks, and make
recommendations in alignment with policy, procedure, and strategic
- Create run books, technical diagrams, and other artifacts as
needed to document infrastructure configurations.
- Diagnose and resolve complex infrastructure problems.
- Contribute to the preparation, review, and periodic update of
IT standards, architectures, technical documentation, and security
- Maintain Network Unit knowledge base with regards to security,
troubleshooting, disaster recovery, and day-to-day
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience
running small to medium-sized projects, interacting with varying
levels from vendors to upper management.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for all PSECU
- Knowledge - Maintain required knowledge, skills and abilities
in assigned area of expertise, including the laws, standards,
fundamentals, methods, procedures, and techniques required for job.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of PSECU's Collective Bargaining Unit
Agreement, processes, related business processes, and the business
world outside PSECU. Maintain knowledge PSECU's goals, culture,
philosophy, products and services, bylaws, policies, and internal
- Workflow Management - Manage time effectively; meet deadlines;
and produce quality work requiring little or no review. Manage high
volume of work assignments.
- Judgment - Exercise good judgment and appropriate decision
making within scope of job.
- Communication - Effectively communicate with audience
appropriate content and detail both verbally and in writing.
- Relationship Management - Maintain strong and effective
interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all
stakeholders, both internal and external. Demonstrate PSECUs
Operating Principles of PRIDE (Partnership, Reliability,
Improvement, Dedication, and Ethics).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance as required for
acceptable performance and accountabilities of this position.
- Maintain confidentiality, in particular with credit union
account information, as well as other information designated as
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an
effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned
- Must meet creditworthiness standards.
- Notify Human Resources in writing if convicted of a misdemeanor
or felony involving dishonesty, breach of trust or violation of the
Pennsylvania Credit Union Code (17 Pa. S. C. A. 101 et seq.) during
the course of employment with PSECU.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Non-essential:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position may be advertised in the public media.
- Appointment to this position is not subject to the terms of the
Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Applicant may be required to complete one or more employment
assessments and/or testing.
- This position may be subject to telephone monitoring to assure
quality member communications.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified
individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the
essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
MINIMUM / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Technology/Information Systems or related
Seven years of experience architecting, implementing, securing
and supporting highly available enterprise infrastructures,
Three years of experience architecting, integrating, securing
and supporting highly available cloud infrastructures,
Designing and implementing connectivity to various platform as a
service offering (i.e. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.) and hybrid cloud
solutions; including managing relationships and architectural
Experience with containerization platforms (i.e. Docker,
Or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
Five+ years' experience in data center virtualization, software
defined data center technologies, and virtualization security,
Experience with Cloud system management; maximizing capacity,
on-demand scalability, monitoring, alerting, creating efficiencies
and cost management,
Working knowledge of High Availability, Disaster Recovery,
Business Continuity, Data Management, Capacity Management, and
Application Service Resiliency,
Understanding of SDWAN technologies is desired,
Cloud Certification is recommended, (i.e., Azure, AWS,
Certification in technology field of expertise is recommended,
(i.e. Microsoft, Cisco, etc.).