CDL A Finishing Program (2021-0577-HAR-POE)
Company: Pitt Ohio Express
Posted on: June 10, 2021
PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable,
transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND,
LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a CDL AFinishing Program
Candidate at our Harrisburg, PA Terminal.
We offer overtime IMMEDIATELY after 40 hours worked.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of
the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a
leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and
excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, medical and prescription insurance
with no weekly premiums or deductibles, vision, dental, 401K,
profit sharing, vacation paid at 45 hours per week, pleasant work
environment, and much more!
- A minimum age of 23 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL.
- All Drivers must pass a PITT OHIO driving test administered by
an approved PITT OHIO Trainer after training program is
- All Drivers except sprinter truck drivers will be required to
possess or obtain within 90 days of hire date a Haz-Mat and Tanker
endorsement on their current valid driver's license issued by the
resident state in which they reside.
- All drivers to possess only one valid driver's license issued
by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently
transferred from another state must produce a copy of the former
license or provide license information for verification from that
state. Drivers will need to provide information on all previous
held licenses within the past 36-month period.
- No record of a driving license suspension or revocation for
more than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order
date of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to
pay and or failure to appear will be considered provided that there
was no conviction for driving while suspended during this time
- No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic
violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a
Motor Vehicle Record.
- No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more
than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period
prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one
at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle
violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must
receive a negative result.
- PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and
alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year
period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
- There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an Alcohol or
Controlled Substance test within the past 3-year period including a
- Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30
days or more must be indicated and explained, you may be asked to
provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application
from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language
and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
- You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with
PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the
employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or
is intended to be a contract of employment.
- Drives a commercial vehicle safely while picking up and
delivering general freight.
- Will work on the dock for a minimum of 30 days as part of the
- Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT
requirements on and off trucks either individually or with
assistance of dockworkers. Mechanical freight handling equipment
may be used where available and appropriate.
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of
- Securing of freight may be required through strapping or other
- Inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions
as required by law and company policy.
- Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the
transportation of Hazardous Materials.
- Drive commercial motor vehicles in all conditions in accordance
with federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within
hours of service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as
required by regulatory requirements.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal
regulations, including driver's logs and other records required by
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and
procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local
regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this
position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits
package, 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacations, a pleasant work
environment, and much more.
Keywords: Pitt Ohio Express, Harrisburg , CDL A Finishing Program (2021-0577-HAR-POE), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!