Company: Harrisburg School District
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Business Administrator
Salary in accordance with the Act 93 agreement
Purpose of Position
Will lead the District in enterprise-wide grant activities,
offer guidance to administrators in grant development, and seeks
out grant opportunities that will benefit the District and its
programs. Will work closely with staff and grant partners to
develop grant applications, gather and monitor data, and develop
reports for grant-related activities. The goal of this position is
to increase competitive grant writing within the District and
provide project support for specific large grants that require
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in grant development, conducting
appropriate activities to identify grant opportunities for the
District and to secure such grants, including submission/writing of
grant proposals as needed.
- Serves as manager of grant services with expertise in grant
research and development to provide strategic leadership, technical
assistance, grant-related services and support, and communication
to District administrators and grant partners.
- Effectively designs, implements, and evaluates District
competitive grant writing activities across the organization,
including but not limited to, identifying grant opportunities,
writing grant applications, gathering data necessary for grants,
and crafting grant reports in a regular and timely manner.
- Collaborates with administrators and staff to ensure that grant
activities are tightly aligned with the goals and objectives of
grant programs and in accordance with policies and
- Supervises the personnel and functions for grants development
and grants accounting.
- Stays abreast of current grant resources, grant writing best
practices, and developments at the local, state, and national
levels to incorporate in all aspects of work.
- Oversees the research of competitive grants from local
foundations, grants.gov, and similar websites, and communicates
opportunities with appropriate administrators.
- Proactively and efficiently collects and organizes data to use
for grant applications and as required by the goals and objectives
of specific, large grant programs; delivers to administrators in a
- Ensures that the terms and conditions of agreements are met and
properly documented by maintaining a grants database, managing
grants files, directing contract/agreement review and signature
processes, tracking timelines, deliverables, and budgets, tracking
all grant/contract restrictions, and tracking all matching
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate records (e.g. meeting
minutes, activities notes, summaries, reports, travel records, and
budget) for all grant-related activities.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains internal and
external relationships and partnerships that enhance programs and
services to the District.
- Administers funds to ensure compliance with regulations, budget
processes, and grant requirements.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; Master's degree and/or
Grants Professionals Certification preferred.
- Grant writing experience - minumum 5 years preferred; and
proven knowledge of grant/project/contract administration,
management, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills and mathematical skills.
- Ability to manage information in Microsoft software and Google
- Ability to concentrate on the accuracy of detailed information,
meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise judgment for when to act independently and
when to refer situations to a supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules.
- Salary Range: $63,594 - 89,031
Keywords: Harrisburg School District, Harrisburg , Development Coordinator, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!