Financial Analyst I
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PSECU, a high-tech, progressive financial institution with more
than $7 billion in assets, is seeking a Financial Analyst. The
Financial Analyst reports directly to the Manager, Balance Sheet
Management and assists in the areas of treasury management,
financial risk management, and financial planning & analysis;
completes ad hoc research projects; generates and maintains
reoccurring reports; and provides operational support to the Funds
Benefits: We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and
great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement
programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition
Employee Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $57,905/yr.-$86,858/yr. (commensurate with
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8am-4pm
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting credit union data
for reporting purposes.
- Develop and maintain studies and financial models related to
treasury management, financial risk management, and/or financial
planning & analysis, and other studies as assigned.
- Effectively communicate study results and make recommendations
as needed to the Manager, Balance Sheet Management or as
- Evaluate and monitor PSECU's financial risk profile (i.e.
interest rate risk, liquidity risk, concentration risk) and
communicate current and emerging trends.
- Perform daily cash management function to include monitoring
daily cash balances, determining the best dispersion of excess
funds for optimal return and minimal concentration risk, funding
PSECU's cash accounts, sending wire transfers for payment of credit
union obligations, preparing journal entries for cash and
investment activity, etc.
- Assist with the settlement of investment purchases and sales
and prepare investment reporting.
- Fundamental understanding of finance, accounting, and economic
principles to include, but not limited to, time value of money,
asset liability management, investment accounting, money market and
debt securities, yields, interest rate calculations, investment
pricing, risk, securities transfer, cash and cash flow analysis,
and business cycles.
- Ability to independently perform research and analysis by using
spreadsheet, database and/or other tools/techniques to track and
- Develop comprehensive financial reports and analysis to be used
in financial decision making.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills with attention to
accuracy and the ability to identify and correct
- Fundamental knowledge of the Federal Reserve Bank system, Asset
Liability Management Software, Budgeting and Profitability
Software, and Bloomberg Professional Service.
- Provide backup for the Financial Analyst positions.
- Create and maintain procedures for all tasks and areas of
- Responsible for continuing education and self-development in
areas under direction.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for all PSECU
- Knowledge - Maintain required knowledge, skills and abilities
in assigned area of expertise, including the laws, standards,
fundamentals, methods, procedures, and techniques required for job.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of PSECU's Collective Bargaining Unit
Agreement, processes, related business processes, and the business
world outside PSECU. Maintain knowledge PSECU's goals, culture,
philosophy, products and services, bylaws, policies, and internal
- Workflow Management - Manage time effectively; meet deadlines;
and produce quality work requiring little or no review. Manage high
volume of work assignments.
- Judgment - Exercise good judgment and appropriate decision
making within scope of job.
- Communication - Effectively communicate with audience
appropriate content and detail both verbally and in writing.
- Relationship Management - Maintain strong and effective
interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all
stakeholders, both internal and external. Demonstrate PSECUs
Operating Principles of PRIDE (Partnership, Reliability,
Improvement, Dedication, and Ethics).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance as required for
acceptable performance and accountabilities of this position.
- Maintain confidentiality, in particular with credit union
account information, as well as other information designated as
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an
effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned
- Must meet creditworthiness standards.
- Notify Human Resources in writing if convicted of a misdemeanor
or felony involving dishonesty, breach of trust or violation of the
Pennsylvania Credit Union Code (17 Pa. S. C. A. 101 et seq.) during
the course of employment with PSECU.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Non-essential:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position may be advertised in the public media.
- Appointment to this position is not subject to the terms of the
Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Applicant may be required to complete one or more employment
assessments and or testing.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified
individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the
essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
MINIMUM / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Finance;
And ability to demonstrate base knowledge of finance,
accounting, and economic principles
Keywords: PSECU, Harrisburg , Financial Analyst I, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!