Sr Data Scientist (Remote)
Company: TE Connectivity
Posted on: July 16, 2021
At TE, you will unleash your potential
working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to
create a safer, sustainable and more connected
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic
drivers for future success. We are investing significantly in
building our advanced analytics team. The Analytics team at TE is
part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is
responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and
advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data
Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy,
and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite. This Lead
Data Scientist position will directly report to the Director of
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced
analytics practice; in this position you will apply your skills to
unlock opportunities and enable top strategic priorities for TE.
You will be working on problems that require advanced analytics
applications to create value for diverse business functions such as
supply chain, pricing, Industrial IOT & digital factory
implementation, digital marketing and sales growth, and will impact
business units that span through multiple geographic areas.
• Work closely with business partners and engagement managers to
translate complex business problems into analytics problems and
solutions. Ask questions to understand business intent, problem
statement, analytics opportunity and value creation.
• Work closely with data engineering team to identify and
consume relevant structured and unstructured data sources
(including IoT sources such as manufacturing sensors
• Identify key hypotheses and data science approaches to
answering analytics problems and getting to business
• Develop statistical and machine learning models/algorithms
through iterative process and rapid prototyping.
What your background
should look like:
• A master’s degree in data science, predictive analytics,
computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, software
engineering, physics, or related quantitative
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning and
statistical modelling, including a demonstrated high-level of
proficiency in applying data science techniques to solving
• High proficiency in conducting analyses using tools like Python,
R and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik,
• Rigorous understanding of the fundamentals of statistics, machine
learning and artificial intelligence using both structured and
unstructured data sets.
• Experience in developing hypotheses or analytics solutions for
• Experience in presenting complex analytics methodologies,
analyses and insights in simple and concise manner to the business
partners and senior leaders.
• A PhD degree and/or additional relevant industry certifications
(in analytics, software platforms, cloud environments, etc.).
• Preferred experience in developing data science solutions in
marketing, pricing and/or supply chain domains.
• Experience moving prototypes to production environment and
optimizing models in production environment.
• Experience mentoring business analysts and other data
• Exposure to distributed computing frameworks as well as cloud
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader
creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our
broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the
harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation,
industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data
communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees,
including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in
approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION
COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn,
• Competitive base salary commensurate with
experience: $127,400 to 157,600 (subject to change dependent
on physical location)
• Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE
Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the
experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as
internal and external equity.
• Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s)
• A comprehensive benefits package including
health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee
stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Harrisburg , Sr Data Scientist (Remote), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!