Senior Specimen Processor, UPMC Harrisburg
Posted on: July 16, 2021
Perform the duties of a Laboratory Specimen Processor regularly.
Assist the section supervisor in organizing and monitoring the work
of subordinates and assist in training new Laboratory Specimen
- Participates in or conducts special projects or time studies by
request. Collects, records and analyzes processing data.
- All duties of a Specimen Processor including: Demonstrates
service orientation approach by conveying courtesy, respect,
enthusiasm and a positive attitude in work situations. Shows
initiative and offers assistance in the completion of the
- Ensures that adequate quantities of supplies are available for
efficient operations, inventory supplies and informs supervisor of
- Provides advice and/or assistance to new employees and
co-workers in the performance of non-routine/difficult duties.
Trouble shoots and helps resolve complex specimen problems to
promote quality assurance.
- Participates in hospital committees and lab work groups
- Maintains a `solid/strong? or higher rating (preferred) during
annual Performance Appraisals, with no `marginal ratings. No
active corrective actions.
- Assists management in ensuring that processing duties are
performed according to procedures and established guidelines
- Performs non-lab activities as required (such as Specimen
Registrations) and maintains competency for assigned
- Organizes and processes research studies according to policy
where required. Coordinates processing of specimens sent to
- Able to competently manage 85% of any processing
responsibilities. Preferable to be proficient in 100%.
- High school graduate.
- Two years of experience as a laboratory specimen processor
(preferably in the host laboratory) in order to acquire a thorough
knowledge of sectional policies and procedures.
- Effective troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 day
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Senior Specimen Processor, UPMC Harrisburg, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!