Community LifeTeam, is a Mobile
Integrated Health Service that employs more than 200 highly
trained, certified Emergency Medical Technicians, Advanced
Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics that are ready to
respond to any medical emergency, day or night. Community LifeTeam
responds to over 50,000 requests for service each year. We provide
both basic and advanced life support to over 60 municipalities in
Dauphin, York, Cumberland, Schuylkill and Northumberland Counties.
Our Coverage areas in Urban, Suburban and Rural communities. In
addition to emergency responses, Community LifeTeam provides
non-emergency interfacility transportation. In addition to normal
operations, our Special Operations Division members support
multiple calls for specialty response to Technical Rescues,
Federal/State Disaster Response for Urban Search/Rescue and provide
Tactical EMS Support to various Law Enforcement Agencies throughout
the eastern part of Pennsylvania.
At Community LifeTeam, a Paramedic
Supervisor is responsible for the hour-by-hour operations during
their assigned shift. The Paramedic Supervisor will coordinate and
oversee all operational employees and units for emergency and
non-emergency requests for services. The ability to work
independently and/ or with coordination with Community Lifeteam’s
Dispatch Center, EMS Specialist(s), Operations Manager(s) and the
Director of Operations to ensure that daily operations run promptly
- Performs same primary duties as a Paramedic by treating and
transporting the sick and injured in adherence to department
policy, scope of practice, and statewide protocols.
- Operates all company vehicles, in either emergency or
non-emergency mode, in a safe/efficient manner with due regard for
others in accordance with the Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Code.
- Provides routine support for services including cleaning of
vehicles, equipment, and stations.
- Will work with other departments/agencies to efficiently and
effectively accomplish patient transport to achieve a high level of
- Assumes primary responsibility for shift operations, including:
- Assigning crews to company vehicles
- Ensures that all daily and monthly date rig checks are
- Performs daily reconciliation of controlled substances
- Performs quality assurance audits
- Acts as EMS Command/ Medical Group Supervisor during
large-scale emergencies where incident command is been
- Assists in public relations
- Restocks medical supply cabinets.
- Picks up medication orders for pharmacy
- Assigns daily station duties.
- Supervise on-duty personnel.
- Mitigate on shift scheduling issues and call offs.
- Provides input for performance evaluations.
- Recommends disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Performs initial investigations regarding complaints.
- Assists in updating operations processes, guidelines, and
- Performs monthly rounding to with employees.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned..
High school diploma or equivalent
1 year EMS pre-hospital experience at
the advanced life support provider level preferred
Must be able to lift, carry, push
and/or pull weight up to 100 pounds.
Ability to work outdoors in all
weather conditions required.
Must be eligible to receive medical
command authorization by the Medical Director, have reliable
transportation, and be willing to travel to any base site as
assigned. Must be able to successfully complete the prescribed
orientation program, including classroom, Must work productively
and effectively within a complex environment, handle
multiple/changing priorities, and specialized equipment.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
EMT-P certification- PA accredited PA Emergency Services Vehicle
Operator (EMSVO) required
CPR required based on AHA standards
that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component
within 30 days of hire
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
or equivalent required International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or
equivalent required Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Emergency Vehicle Operator
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity