Echocardio Sonographer Adv
Posted on: July 16, 2021
Performs imaging procedures at an advanced level not requiring
constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of advanced
technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity
and a broad knowledge of cardiac pathology.
- Performs or assists Lead Sonographer or Clinical Specialist in
performing QA, regulatory testing, and other technical and research
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able
to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services
at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually
communicating with lead and management team. Demonstrates a working
knowledge of equipment and processes and is able to troubleshoot
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills and a
willingness to educate others in their areas of expertise. Serves
as a resource for new hires and students.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level
workgroups. Works directly with Cardiologists regarding protocol
- Exhibits advanced level of knowledge related to normal anatomy
and pathology. Able to recognize pathology and the ability to think
critically, assessing the patient results for communication with
- Performs all job responsibilities of Level I Sonographer.
- Conduct himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and
departmental values, policies, and procedures.
Completion of formal training in an
accredited ultrasound program or professional equivalent required.
2 years of echo experience required. Performance review consistent
with minimum of Strong Solid performance on last performance
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registry RequiredCPR/BLS requiredAct 33, 34, 73 as required by
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Echocardio Sonographer Adv, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!