Posted on: July 18, 2021
The Clinical Research Supervisor is a highly skilled, experienced
and trained registered nurse who is responsible for directing the
care for patients enrolled into research trials involving
multi-agent therapies who previously treated with standard
chemotherapy options. Plan and execution of the daily operation in
the conduct of clinical research within the disease center program
to assure that the Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines are
followed during the conduct of the research trials. Assure the
consent form process in completed, the facilitation of subject
accrual and overall study coordination, patient monitoring of
toxicities and accurate data collection is occurring on all
research trials within the department.
- Actively participates in department or unit-specific quality
- Ensures research documentation is comprehensive and facilitates
protocol compliance; communication among colleagues; good clinical
research practice; and patient safety.
- Participates in hiring decisions and has responsibility for
delegating tasks, monitoring workloads, and evaluating job
- Monitors and facilitates completion of all protocol required
data elements and ensures all electronic data capture is complete
- Identifies opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues
- Responsible for day to day operations of a smaller disease
center, supervises staff work assignments and study
responsibilities, conducts recruitment and annual evaluations,
mentors? professional development of staff, responsible for timely
activation and execution of all studies in the disease center.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the analysis of clinical,
social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the
- Assists clinical research team in their ability to work in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates a passion for developing others, enthusiastically
and expertly precepts new hires during the orientation process and
serves continuously as a mentor.
- Develops protocol required documents and coordinates protocol
implementation as needed.
- Demonstrates productive working relationships internally and
externally by taking accountability for actions, enthusiasm,
motivation, commitment to patients and colleagues.
- Models safe work hours, time management and healthy
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences and holds
peers accountable for healthy relationships and maintains a
conscious balance between work and personal life.
- Creates a caring and compassionate experience by building
healthy relationships with patients, families and colleagues
- Analyzes clinical and behavioral situations, identifying
learning opportunities to improve patient care and clinical
- Takes responsibility for identifying his or her ongoing
professional development needs and independently seeks resources
and opportunities to meet those needs, such as through membership
in nursing, clinical specialty or research organizations
- Identifies opportunities to improve research practices and
patient satisfaction by serving or leading teams as a change agent
to launch innovations in patient care/satisfaction, clinical
research, or support a healthy workforce.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
Certification Preferred. Graduation from an accredited school of
professional nursing required. 5 years of relevant professional
experience, preferably clinical research experience with a
preference in an oncology setting or 3 years clinical research
experience with a preference in an oncology setting with an
advanced nursing degree.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse
license or eligible for State Board Licensure.
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Research Supervisor, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!