Ctrl Sterile Processing Tech (CGOH)
Posted on: July 17, 2021
To perform those duties necessary
for the proper decontamination, cleaning, inspection, assembly,
packaging, sterilization, storage, distribution and documentation
of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment according to
established procedures. Performs other duties as assigned or
- Prepares and assembles surgical tray and equipment following
established tray listings for issue, storage, or further
- Conforms and adheres to department policies concerning
decontamination, sterile processing, infection control and
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and is able to effectively
troubleshoot, all decontamination/sterilization equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by authorized
personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement tools and
techniques. Continuously improves the quality of care and the work
environment of outcomes and the integration of research and best
practices into daily work. Shares learning from improvements with
other units and/or spreads across the business unit or system.
- Practices solid verbal and written communication skills, and is
able to articulate and translate to other care providers and to
negotiate and make recommendations for changes in unit practices
Documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between
caregivers. Demonstrates critical thinking in the analysis of
clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues.
Incorporates national professional organization as well as business
unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality
and satisfaction of the patient experience in daily work. Creates a
caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building
healing relationships with colleagues. Disseminates new knowledge
and innovations through presentations, posters, and
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships
internally and externally by building teams and relationships
through mentoring and modeling uplifting and positive
communication. Coaches colleagues on cultural diversity and
addresses workplace horizontal violence and impairment.
Demonstrates accountability to self and others for safe work hours,
time management and healthy lifestyles.
- Demonstrates interest in the development of others and
positively impacts the lives of patients/families, peers, and
members of the healthcare team through mentoring, education, and
knowledge sharing. Seeks opportunities to share expertise with
other members of the healthcare team within and beyond the clinical
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that
improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of
patient care. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical
care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates
in change initiatives. Leads by investing and building healthy
relationships among colleagues and other disciplines. Shows the
ability to set priorities.
- Monitors, reads, documents, and interprets all parameters for
all types of sterilizers to ensure proper function.
- Develops and improves skills through initiative, attendance and
participation at educational programs
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal
- Assesses supplies required for prescribed standard surgical
procedures and sets up case carts. Maintains inventory, collects,
disassembles, inspects, cleans, disinfects and reassembles all
instrument trays patient care equipment.
- Displays awareness of cost containment in the organization of
work by using economy in time, motion and material.
- Demonstrates UPMC's commitment to the Core Values by
understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians,
and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every
time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work
- Cleans and decontaminates reusable equipment, instruments, and
supplies, manually and mechanically.
- High school Graduate or equivalent.
- Six months of healthcare experience or currently enrolled in an
Accredited Surgical Technician/Sterile Processing Program
- Must complete 10 hours of continuing education to remain
qualified as a Central Sterile Technician on an annual basis.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Employees active in a Central Sterile position, on or before the
effective date 12/27/2020, at a healthcare facility, are
grandfathered regarding certification and will not need to obtain
it unless they move into a different position that would require
certification.Certification Board for Sterile Processing and
Distribution or Certified Registered Central Service Technician or
International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material
Management certification required. New employees will have 18
months from date of hire to obtain required certification.
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Ctrl Sterile Processing Tech (CGOH), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!