Hospice Director of Operations
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As the Director of Operations you will serve a key role for the
organization as a leader with responsibility to lead and develop
people and processes to provide the highest quality hospice and
palliative care to patients. With responsibility for overall
organization and financial management of the hospice agency, you
will ensure the delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement
of business development, and continuous improvement of agency
efficiency and fiscal success.
- Responsible for and causes compliance with all regulations,
laws, policies and procedures applicable to hospice and
reimbursement issues. Educates all staff members about state and
federal rules and regulations as well as ACHC, and other regulatory
agencies standards. Oversees the implementation of agency policies
- Manages and evaluates the health services program to ensure
quality of service and maintenance of policy standards and makes
consultative/supervisory home visits and physician calls with staff
as needed, as appropriate.
- Is responsible for and ensures a comprehensive quality
assessment and performance improvement program for the agency.
- Participates with the physician, referral sources, and
professional staff in decisions regarding patient eligibility and
suitability for the hospice program.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, physicians, and
other health care providers.
- Work with all members of the medical community to promote home
- Recruit, hire, assign, evaluate and develop staff to ensure
delivery of quality care to patients.
- Assists and coordinates, with the senior management, the budget
development process, implementation and evaluation.
- Registered nurse OR a health care professional licensed to
practice in the state with supervisory or management experience in
a health care setting OR an individual with education, training and
experience in health service administration with management
experience in a health care setting.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to
have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice
in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in
a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list
of Nurse Licensure Compact States (NLC)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal, state, local and ACHC
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which
would enable effective interaction with agency staff, patients,
families, physicians, health care providers, and the
- Minimum two (2) years experience in hospice setting
- Possesses current driver's license, agency required liability
insurance, and reliable automobile transportation.
- Current CPR certification, drivers liability insurance, and
reliable automobile transportation.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national
origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
- Baccalaureate or Masters degree in Nursing
- Financial management experience
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in hospice setting
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Harrisburg , Hospice Director of Operations, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!