Medical Assistant III (Bladder/Pelvic)
Posted on: July 19, 2021
*New hires eligible
Assist physicians with various
aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and
organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction. In addition to
core Medical Assistant responsibilities, serves as lead person for
team regarding day-to-day workflow issues or office procedures.
- Collaborates with care team members to reach population health
management goals of improving patient access to care, reducing
number of emergency visits, and decreasing readmissions
- Provide health education to patients to help improve or
maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health
Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other
state and federal regulations.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment
according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms,
instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain
infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program
and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies;
restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Actively promotes patient engagement through wellness guidance
and self-management support and promotes patient engagement through
wellness guidance and self-management support and promotes patient
health literacy through learned motivational interviewing and
- Make referrals to members of the extended care team and/or
notify provider of post discharge needs or discrepancies in plans
- Telephonic outreach to patients discharged from the hospital or
emergency room to schedule follow up appointments and review
medications and treatment plans
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including
patient education as directed.
- Participate in population health outreach to patients and
assist with gap closure
- Serve as the department super user for Epic Care.
- Check schedules and organizing patient flow. Accompany patients
to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking,
transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
Collect patient information/history; taking vitals, performing
screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to
- Must be responsible and demonstrate proficiency in all practice
category specific tasks
- Work directly with Manager to identify opportunities for
improvement with regards to Clinical/Non-Clinical functions,
Infection Control Procedures, and Patient Assessments
- Assist management staff with supervisory activities.
Participates with creation and implementation of departmental
goals, processes and procedures. Mentors, orients and provides
ongoing training to current and new staff members.
- Guide routine meetings with staff to communicate procedural
changes to improve service quality and patient safety
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information,
etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments.
Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics. Prepare and
managing charts to ensure information completed and filed
appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as
- Perform phlebotomy, EKG's, and level one labs. Perform clinic
procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians
with procedures. Document patient information into the medical
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict
confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply
with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
- Guides workflow and/or assigns tasks to other clinical
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant program, or a
national certification from a national certifying organization
(AMT, AAMA, NAHP, NCCT, or NHA) or graduated from a LPN or RN or
EMT/Paramedics program (must have received and maintained their
certification if EMT) required.
- Three years of direct patient care experience required.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical
terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room
responsibilities.Performance evaluation at Solid/Strong/Good or
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Medical Assistant
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Medical Assistant III (Bladder/Pelvic), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!