Assistant Produce Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Assistant Produce Manager
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that
aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean
delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is
REM-04 WS-04 WS-TC
•Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
•Supervises all activities in the produce department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
•Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and
adherence to both government and corporate ordinances. Must
maintain records as required.
•Supervises and works together with Produce Supervisors (if
applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Produce
Department is operating in a manner that adheres to company
• With the Produce Manager, develops schedules, monitors
performance and recommends the proper discipline as
• Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
• Assists with candidate interviews and recommends for hires.
• Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
• Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic
• Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
• Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
• Supervises the receiving of all produce and ensures that the
proper paperwork is completed.
• Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and
• Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
• Supervises the ordering of produce from vendors on a regular
basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
• Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
• Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
• Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling
out pallets and cleaning underneath.
• Ensures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in
overhead racks in close proximity to where it is
sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
• Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
• Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully
checking the system and rack for product.
• Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices
are reflected on the product.
• Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies,
proper holding power, space allocation) and
creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for
• Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
• Performs weekly self audits of the produce department.
Shift start: 10:30AM
Shift length: 7 - 9 hours
Shift should end approximately 6:30pm (when task is complete).
Start time may change occasionally.
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Knowledge of produce and some perishable products Knowledge of
HACCP systems is desirable Prior experience in produce department
including ordering and receiving products Excellent communication
skills Creative merchandising skills Ability to work in a
refrigerated environment (30 degrees) for extended periods of time
At least 4 years experience in customer service Computer
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Harrisburg , Assistant Produce Manager, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!