Registered Nurse (RN), Home Health
Posted on: July 21, 2021
hiring a full-time Professional Staff Nurse for their Home Health
department. This is a great opportunity for a registered
nurse looking for flexible scheduling options and to provide one on
one individualized care to patients in their
role will work the day shift during the week with a weekend
rotation. Travel is reimbursed at the federal mileage
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over
two years of experience
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with less
than two years of
As a Professional Staff Nurse at UPMC Home
Healthcare, you will find:
- Competitive wages, with a BSN
- An incomparable benefit
- 100% Tuition
Reimbursement for your BSN/MSN degree through approved
- A generous
Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder,
with opportunities for continued growth and
Join the team that’s providing the
highest quality of home health care in our communities. With
state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic
medical center, UPMC Senior Services has demonstrated a continued
commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and
healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact in your community
where you’ll have the confidence that your care is clinically
backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding
knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
The Professional Staff Nurse is responsible for the delivery of
skilled nursing services to patients in their homes according to
the physician's plan of care, agency policies and procedures,
fiscal intermediaries, regulatory agencies and bodies and within
recognized standards of nursing practice. Must possess the ability
to assess and interpret patient data needed to identify each
patient's requirements relative to the population served.
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization's
standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts
nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family-centered
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the
physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the
physician orders and patient needs. Advises and consults with
family and other agency personnel, as appropriate.
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485
and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or
in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the
agency's and regulatory standards.
- Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent
and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the
physician Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the
- Coordinates case management activities within a
multi-disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery
of services to patient.
- Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with
the physician and other members of the health care team. Attends
and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and
other related meetings.
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which
coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home
Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians
and other departments within the organization.
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement
opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the
quality of the services we provide.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform
the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal
- Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to
assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the
plan of care to the patient. Supervises and teaches other nursing
personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides.
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to
- Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of
other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions.
Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care
Facility or Skilled Care Facility
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred. Current
Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. CPR
required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and
skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Applicants will be placed in the
appropriate job title and salary from the My Nursing Career Ladder
based on their individual experience and
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Registered Nurse (RN), Home Health, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!