Diagnostic Technologist - Evenings - UPMC Community General Osteo
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring
constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical
procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and
initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic
This position will work evenings
and every 3rd weekend and holiday. On call is also
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient
identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying
specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the
acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are
properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are
properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and
all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing
established protocols/procedures without requiring constant
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition,
analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and
completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients
and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening,
dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other
departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require
independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to
apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to
patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to
help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Graduate of an ARRT approved school
of Radiologic Technology or verification from ARRT approved school
of completion of program and scheduled graduation date.
Technologists hired before
graduation will have indirect supervision by an ARRT certified
diagnostic technologist until the degree is verified.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist. Must obtain
radiography registry within 12 months of hire date. CPR or BLS
RequiredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
- ARRT Certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Harrisburg , Diagnostic Technologist - Evenings - UPMC Community General Osteo, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!