Utility Pipeline/ Bulk Dirt Foreman
Company: Liberty Excavators, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location: Harrisburg, PADate Posted: 11/01/21 Application
InstructionsDue to continued growth, Liberty Excavators needs more
qualified crews in the utility and excavation departments.Liberty
Excavators is a reputable site development contractor in the
central Pa area with over 40 years of serving our customers. Our
employees have a high level of job satisfaction because we care
about them. We are team oriented and promote winning attitudes.
There are many opportunities for growth, advancement and earnings.
We will train you to do more and earn more if you have the desire.
We offer attractive compensation packages and a health care benefit
that doesn't eat up your paycheck.If you would like to know more
about Liberty Excavators please come in and visit us. We would like
to hear from you. Contact: Liberty Excavators, Inc., Human
Resources, 4402 Gettysburg Rd. Camp Hill PA 17011 PH: Ext 123
Position DescriptionGeneral Construction LaborerWhy Liberty
Excavators vs. the rest?Financial Stability
- Premium wages/earning potential - Top pay among others in the
- Increased earnings potential through generous OT
- Excellent Per Diem package offered for travel
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for employee and
- Industry leading Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit with rollover
- Top 401k program with highest employer match
- No cost life insurance benefit granted to employee
- Added hourly compensation for Scraper and Grader OperatorsOther
- Award winning safety environment to ensure employee
- Local Work (90% of Liberty's work is within a 2-hour radius of
Camp Hill, PA)
- Active Military/Veteran friendly workplace - We appreciate and
thank all who serve
- Plenty of career advancement opportunities
- Employee development programs - tiered levels to keep advancing
- Stable company with over 40 years of success in the area
- Top quality equipment and technology
- Being a part of building parks, housing, commercial centers,
hospitals, retail centers, and sports complexes.
- Employee Appreciation Committee - recognizing the value and
contributions of Liberty Excavators' employees to the company
mission of success.Previous construction or related laborer
experience is preferred. Perform tasks involving physical labor at
heavy construction projects, to include site excavation and utility
installation, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power
tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers,
surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment
and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set
supports for excavations, install various types of pipe for
utilities, clean up rubble and debris. May assist other craft
workers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily inspection of job site to insure a safe working
environment and various crews are prepared to being work.
- Conduct tests and inspection of products and services to ensure
they meet quality standards.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints to how the
finished project will look.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and
- Communicate with clients and vendors regarding project updates
and other necessary information.
- Responsible for the accounting of job site expenditures and
providing accounting with backup documentation.
- Analyzes job site production levels and financial data on a
- Operate various pieces of heavy equipment as needed to maintain
- Work with Project Manager on plan reviews, design and key
contract terms and materials needed to complete project.
- Coordinate with transportation department and General
Superintendent on equipment needs.
- Plow snow and salt roads according to departmental policy.
- Provide recommendations to improve job site performance, saving
money and time.
- Perform daily "toolbox talks" regarding job site safety or
other site related matter.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and
level earth to grade specifications, various heavy equipment.
- Erect and disassemble shoring, braces, traffic barricades, and
other temporary structures. Install sewer, water, and storm drain
pipes, using pipe-laying and laser guidance equipment.
- Load, unload, and identify materials, machinery, and tools, and
distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project
plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out
areas where construction work will be performed.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to
determine work activities.
- Maintain accurate attendance, manpower needs and site related
activities using laptop computer and software.
- Develop and train field laborers and operators to encourage
them to better, grow, and understand their responsibilities.
- Complete field rating system as needed.
- Provide annual review of equipment operators and laborers.
- Provide weekly inventory of jobsite turn in fuel logs for
- Provide a two week look ahead to Project Manager,
Superintendent and General Superintendent.
- Monthly turn in vehicle condition report.Supervisory
Responsibilities Directly supervises employees and carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include field
testing, training employees; planning, assigning and directing
work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Do you have a friend looking for
work? Send them to Liberty Excavators Inc! Visit to see our other
job openings!! Don't wait- apply today!! Call and speak with us
today at for more info! Like us on Facebook!Liberty Excavators is
an Equal Opportunity Employer!Job Type: Full-timePM21 Position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial job site experience and knowledge of OSHA
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in
site excavation and utility work.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively and
quickly communicate with Project Management, crew and client.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other
employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to function in a supervisory role in the absence of the
- Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under
- Ability to make independent judgments which have considerable
impacts on the organization.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
consistency.Working Conditions: Noise level is generally loud.
Variety of weather conditions ranging from hot/humid to cold/wet
conditions.This document in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is the policy of this
company to assure that all applicants considered for employment and
employees are treated during employment without regard to their
race, religion, sex, age, color or national origin, such
consideration shall include: employment upgrading, demotion or
transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or
termination, rates of pay or other compensation and selection for
training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or
Keywords: Liberty Excavators, Inc., Harrisburg , Utility Pipeline/ Bulk Dirt Foreman, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!