Inventory Control I - 3rd shift
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
- $17.18/hour to start
- Mon-Fri 12:30am - 9:00am
- Weekly pay
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunity.
Process Responsible for learning the following tasks and
responsibilities in maintaining inventory integrity throughout the
Distribution Center. This is the entry level position in the
inventory control job family.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Learn the procedures involved in researching warehouse outs and
performing necessary corrective action on a daily basis. Assist
warehouse in researching slot audit labels daily and taking
- Assist in the review and coordinate daily perpetual inventory
adjustments with inventory Control Coordinator.
- Perform daily and weekly inventory counts as directed by
supervisor. Cycle counting is a two part process; We maintain a
physical and a financial inventory.
- Perform inbound, outbound, and replenishment audits as
instructed by supervisor. Take corrective action as necessary.
- Reconcile store returns with store return documents and make
necessary adjustments. Prepare vendor returns for pickup, verifying
items and case counts.
- Assist with proper handling of damaged and spoiled merchandise
daily. Physically relocate merchandise as necessary to correct
- Work with buying and warehouse personnel on short coded
product, shipped memos, etc., on a daily basis to ensure correct
shipping, billing, etc.
- Process all vendor returns, recalls, DC Transfers, new item and
- Some knowledge and experience, preferably in both mechanized
and conventional warehousing, in picking and storage operations in
dry grocery and perishable areas.
- Knowledge of warehouse slotting system is preferred.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, both with
co-workers and over the telephone with outside and company
- Possess good math skills, data entry skills and analytical
aptitude. Position requires use of calculators, personal computers,
telephones and other office equipment.
- Some work is performed under general office conditions in a
temperature controlled environment. Incumbent may sit for long
periods of time at a desk or computer terminal. During the majority
of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution
Center floor with a temperature range from -20 to 95 degrees
- Incumbent will also break down loads and lift between 20-60 lb.
on a daily basis. Potential hazards exist in regard to machinery
such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of
tractors and trailers, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer
committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for
all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time Associated topics: analyst, inventory
control, logistics, logistics specialist, shift supervisor,
supervisor, supply chain, representative, warehouse, warehouse
Keywords: UNFI, Harrisburg , Inventory Control I - 3rd shift, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!