Nutritionist Assistant I
Company: Hamilton Health Center
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Nutritionist Assistant I All About Hamilton Health Center
Hamilton Health Center (Hamilton), established in 1969, is the only
Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) within a 30-mile radius of
Harrisburg, PA and continues to grow using a holistic and
comprehensive approach to being patient centered. The mission of
Hamilton is to improve the health of Central Pennsylvania's
residents by delivering high quality, respectful and
patient-centered health and related social services that promote
access, treatment, education, and prevention regardless of health,
economic, or insurance status. Our vision is that every member of
our community, regardless of their ability to pay or their
insurance status, receives holistic, quality health care needed to
create a healthy community. For over 50 years we have been true to
these words. As part of our team, you will work alongside a
dedicated team that cares and values those we serve. Benefits
offered: In addition to your base pay, you are also eligible to
- Paid time off, Catastrophic (CAT)/Sick time, Birthday holiday,
and 7 paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental & Vision,
- Company paid life insurance.
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program JOB SUMMARY This position involves
providing nutrition education and breastfeeding support to WIC
eligible participants, as well as referrals to other social
services organizations. The Nutrition Assistant I will work with
the Nutritionists on staff in completing WIC certifications as well
as provide clerical support. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Nutritionist
Assistant I performs a wide range of duties, including, but not
limited to the following:
- Delivers nutrition and breastfeeding education according to
nutrition care plan written by the nutritionist; sets appropriate
goals if needed or follows up on goal that is set by the
nutritionist. Uses guided goal-setting VENA skills.
- Performs all aspects of the participant certification for the
nutritionist except for assessment and education.
- Ensures high-risk contacts and formula changes are seen by a
- Documents contact on the Quick WIC data system and in the
chart, ensuring that the chart is organized correctly, and
documentation is thorough and accurate.
- Promotes and supports breastfeeding among WIC participants,
ensures breast pumps are issued in an appropriate manner and
documented cleans pumps when they are returned and calls
participants and updates the breast pump log.
- Responsible to ensure that chart organization and documentation
are done according to departmental procedures.
- Complies with nutrition education, breastfeeding and outreach
- Participates in meetings, in-services, outside trainings and
conferences as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs anthropometric measurements and hematological testing,
following OSHA regulations and state policy; also, responsible to
set up and clean those designated areas.
- Assists in answers phones, calls no-shows and reschedules
appointments, as well as send out reminder cards. May be
responsible for check in and check out process as needed,
supporting the receptionist area as need demands.
- Assists in agency projects, such as purging files, decorating
themed bulletin boards, organizing supplies and preparing materials
that required assembling, such as voucher holders, etc.
- Makes referrals to other social service and other community
services both in and outside of HHC services.
- Assist other staff with duties when understaffed to ensure
optimal flow and service of the clinic, performing certifications,
formula changes etc. as directed by management, regardless of
appointment schedule to meet the needs of WIC participants.
- Attends WIC Satellite clinics as assigned
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure smooth clinic flow and
delivery of benefits to participants.
- Drives satellite clinic van when needed.
- Reports problems experience at the satellite clinic to the
Director/Team Lead or state agency as needed.
- Assures security of WIC Vouchers and equipment at the
- Attends meetings, in-service trainings and conferences as
assigned by the WIC Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Minimum
Education/Certifications: High School diploma or equivalent,
required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum Work Experience:
Minimum of one year experience working in customer service support.
Experience in a nutrition related field preferred. Other
Requirements: Reliable transportation to travel throughout the
service area. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Keywords: Hamilton Health Center, Harrisburg , Nutritionist Assistant I, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!