Equipment Operator / Forklift - 1st Shift
Company: Owens & Minor
Posted on: September 23, 2022
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare
process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US
and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated
technologies, products and services across the full continuum of
care. Customersand their patientsare at the heart of what we
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and
our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
- Unloads pallets and cases from inbound trailers and/or
containers manually using the pallet jack.
- Accurately counts, verifies, and receives product using radio
frequency (RF) equipment and/or Voice Pick Technology; documents
- Selects products and quantities as directed by Voice Pick
Technology and/or RF scanner and places items into totes on
- Removes empty cartons from pick module as needed.Sortation
- Prepares sortation area by setting up pallets and carts for
- Moves cartons and totes from conveyor belts and/or rollers and
places on pallets and/or carts according to assigned batch.Loading
- Uses RF scanner to ensure that totes, pallets, and carts are
loaded correctly onto trucks for customer delivery.
- Uses pallet jack to load pallets.General requirements for all
- Follows general sequencing and process procedures.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Follows safety policies and procedures and corrects or
communicates hazards to management.
- Places incoming merchandise into inventory.
- Conducts physical inventories as required.
- Counts and performs basic math calculations.
- Maintains productivity and quality standards.
- Performs additional duties as directed.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics (math, reading,
basic accounting, typing, etc.)
- Prior experience working in a warehouse/distribution center a
- Warehouse/Operations certification a plusKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and meet
performance standards/individual performance goals
- Good attention to detail
- Dependable and able to report to work as scheduled/have regular
- Willingness to learn how to use new material handling
- Willingness to learn WMS Technology
- Ability to adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures for
safety rules and requirements received in trainingIf you feel this
opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any
other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Harrisburg , Equipment Operator / Forklift - 1st Shift, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!