General Laborer - 2nd Shift
Company: Fresh Express Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*$100 weekly Attendance Bonus (every week), **$600 Sign on
bonus, **$600 Referral Bonus *
*Monday to Saturday positions (10 hours a day)*
*Weekly Pay: *
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in a
manufacturing environment. This position is expected to rotate
among stations to perform the following essential job
1. Coring, trimming, cutting, slicing, and chopping a variety of
fresh produce items on the trim line for the duration of 8 hours or
more depending on volume.
2. Mixer: using hands, a shovel or rake to mix one type of produce
into another, or separate container of produce.
3. Packing bags of finished goods into corrugated boxes,
4. Box Maker: make boxes out of corrugated material for the pack
5. Palletizing: stacking boxes of finished good onto pallets.
6. Dumper: loading and unloading raw materials into automatic
dumping bins and/or manually dumping product directly onto feed
7. Dryer: loading and unloading raw materials into automatic dryers
and manually dumping product directly onto feed conveyors.
8. Rollers: retrieve and remove film on carts back and forth from
9. Hi/Lo: complete VIR and dump logs. Transport product from the
cooler to the line using a forklift or pallet jack. Empty and break
down bins and trash.
*Job Function Statements Essential Functions: *
A General labor worker is expected to perform the following
essential job functions:
1. Use a knife or peeler to trim, cut or peel product.
2. Moving arms forward in a "throwing motion" or pushing mixed
vegetables into product and mixing it together while bent over.
3. Handling product that may have a temperature of 32-36 degrees
4. Pack finished bags into boxes in a timely manner so as not to
hold up the pace of the packaging machine. This requires moving
arms back and forth in a forward motion. The incumbent will then
take the bags off the line and place them downward into the
5. Lift bags of finished product up to 35 pounds during the
duration of the shift.
6. Deliver condiments to appropriate lines, place condiment master
packs in scale bucket/inserter.
7. Make boxes by lifting the corrugated strips and folding them
into a box.
8. Responsible for counting and keeping track of product dumped
into the hoppers.
9. Safely operate hoists, dryers, and dumping machines.
10. Transferring filled baskets of product in and out of
11. Push the finished goods through the tape machine, applying
gentle force to a box from left to right or right to left so that
the tape machine can process the box.
12. Load finished boxes onto the pallets, stacking the boxes from
floor level to above head level. This requires using the whole
body: bending at waist, bending at legs/knees while carrying the
box and moving arms overhead to place it at the top of the pallet.
This requires a lifting ability of up to 35 pounds and stacking
boxes up to 80 inches high.
13. Lift rolls of film weighing up to 100lbs.
14. Lift and move red pallets weighing up to 100 pounds on a
15. Perform other duties, such as basic housekeeping, as
Specific for Product Runners:
Every hour the product runner is required to reconcile dump logs
with the raw gatekeeper. For example T-7 has dumped 5 bins the
gatekeeper should also have 5 bins. In addition the Hi/Lo has been
equipped with a holder for the black zip ties. All zip ties must be
kept and reconciled with the raw gatekeeper. With exception of bins
of product that do not have zip ties such as carrots and cabbage.
For example if you have brought 8 bins of lettuce to T-15 you
should have the 8 zip ties and reconcile the zip ties along with
the dump logs. If there is not the correct number of zip ties
please let a lead, assistant, or supervisor know.
*Required Qualifications/Skills: *
1. Physical requirements: must be able to stand for the duration of
the shift (8 hours or more), perform repetitive motions throughout
shift such as push/pull/lift, bend continuously throughout the
shift, lift up to 100 pounds, and be able to climb stairs or step
up onto a platform several times throughout the shift.
2. Must be able to work in a noisy, wet and cold environment of
approximately 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Must be able to work 6 consecutive days, overtime and weekends
4. Must be able to count, read, and tell time.
*Other Desired Qualifications/Skills: *
*Other Information: *
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be
construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Signing bonus
* Cold Environment: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fresh Express Inc, Harrisburg , General Laborer - 2nd Shift, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!