Analytical Specialist, Flow Cytometry (Full Time) (Days)
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Title: Analytical Specialist, Flow Cytometry (Full Time)
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: Automated Testing Laboratory Team
Date Posted: 03/23/2023
Job ID: R-45860
Job SummaryJoin our Flow Cytometry team at Geisinger Medical
Center! We are a CAP-accredited laboratory looking for an
Analytical Specialist with experience in flow cytometry to be part
of our clinical team.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in flow cytometry
including panel design, optimization, and execution of up to 10
colors, a strong aptitude for teaching, and will play a part in the
growth and expansion of clinical services. Experience with Stem
Cell counts and BD flow cytometers a plus!
Provides day-to-day technical supervision of testing personnel
ensuring the proper performance of all laboratory procedures and
report of test results. Promotes standardization through
collaboration and coordination within a specialty.
- Performs technical duties and provides technical knowledge and
support to staff and clients within a department of
- Analyzes technical problems and resolves in accordance with
established laboratory policies.
- Reviews test results, quality control records, proficiency
testing results and preventative maintenance records.
- Ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems
and Quality Assurance deviate from established performance
- Collaborates the planning of capital purchases and leases with
the appropriate section Doctoral Director and Operations
- Participates with the Director and other system colleagues in
the development of new testing, validation and evaluation of new
equipment, reagents, instrumentation and technologies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable regulatory
standards and ensures that compliance of standards is
- Participates in the analysis of cost for materials and
negotiation of contracts to obtain favorable prices.
- Responsible for section purchasing, receiving, and inventory
management to reduce costs.
- Accepts responsibility for effective cost accounting and cost
- Maintains adequate supply inventory.
- Participates in and coordinates the development of policy and
procedure manuals with doctoral director and system
- Assures timely and regular review of procedure manuals.
- Provides orientation to all new employees and identifies
training needs and ensures that employees receive appropriate
in-service training and education for their job
- Continually evaluates monitors and documents the performance of
competency of each employee.
- Participates in annual performance appraisals.
- Collaborates with their specialty specific colleagues at other
lab locations to assure standardization system-wide.
- Member of the Best Practice Committee for their area of
- Encourages and engages in a service-oriented behavior designed
to support and meet the needs of our various clients.
- Provides timely consultations and takes prompt action to
correct problems and issues.
- Participates in educational and training activities to acquire
new skills and maintain current proficiency.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details$12,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED
-Join our Flow Cytometry team at Geisinger Medical Center! We are a
CAP accredited laboratory looking for an Analytical Specialist with
experience in flow cytometry to be part of our clinical team.Our
ideal candidate will have experience in flow cytometry to include
panel design, optimization, and execution of up to 10 colors, a
strong aptitude for teaching, and will play a part in the growth
and expansion of clinical services. Experience with Stem Cell
counts and BD flow cytometers a plus.As an Analytical Specialist
you will provide day to day technical supervision of the department
ensuring proper performance of all laboratory procedures and
reporting of test results. -Military experience will be considered
and is welcomed. US Army 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist, 71E
Clinical Laboratory Scientist, US Navy Medical Laboratory
Technician, US Air Force Medical Laboratory Technician 4T0X1 and
Biomedical Laboratory Officer (43TX) and related medical
Geisinger benefits include, but are not limited to: -
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance,
that starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account
- Company-paid life, short-term disability, and long-term
- Competitive 401(K) plan that includes an automatic 5% Geisinger
contribution starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time more quickly
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
earn monetary incentives
- Family support that includes adoption assistance, IVF and IUI
coverage, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free
Care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved
*Qualified applicants are those individuals who have not worked in
a full- or part-time capacity for Geisinger Medical Laboratories in
the last 18 months.
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Medical
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years-Laboratory (Required)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Analytical Specialist, Flow Cytometry (Full Time) (Days), Other , Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!