Division Chief Pediatric Surgery
Company: Penn State Health Physician Recruitment
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center -has an
opportunity for a -Pediatric Surgeon/Division Chief in the
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery.
- Join a team of 6 Pediatric Surgeons and 3 Advanced Practice
Providers at Penn State Children's Hospital which features the only
level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) between Pittsburgh and
- High quality academic and clinical program.
- Pediatric surgeons take after-hours call exclusively for the
- Appointment will be based upon qualifications.
- Medical degree - MD, DO, or foreign equivalent.
- Fellowship trained, BC/BE in Pediatric Surgery.
- Minimum 5 years pediatric surgeon experience.
- Currently holds the rank of Associate Professor or
- Proven leadership experience in an academic healthcare
- A strong commitment to patient care, medical student and
resident education and research/scholarly activity is
Penn State Health
- Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving
patients and communities across central Pennsylvania.
- The Children's Hospital celebrated a new era of patient and
family centered care with the completion of a three-floor vertical
expansion in October 2020 to meet the needs of children and
families in central Pennsylvania who count on us for care. As the
only children's hospital between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia fully
equipped to treat the most severely ill children, Penn State Health
Children's Hospital expanded our role as the region's pediatric
health care leader. -
- Among the first hospitals in the nation to be named a Level 1
Children's Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons
Children's Surgery Verification Program.
- We are the only medical facility in Pennsylvania to be
accredited as a Level 1 pediatric trauma center and Level 1 adult
- The system includes -, -and - -based in Hershey, Pa.; - -in
Enola, Pa.; - -in Camp Hill, Pa.; - -in Lancaster, Pa.; - -in
Reading, Pa.; -, a specialty provider of inpatient and outpatient
behavioral health services, in Harrisburg, Pa.; and 2,450+
physicians and direct care providers at 225 outpatient practices.
Additionally, the system jointly operates various healthcare
providers, including -, - -and -.
- Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area and is
one of the fastest growing regions in the state.
- The area offers excellent public schools with many districts
ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Hershey is approximately 12 miles from Harrisburg, the state
capital, and within a short train ride or drive to New York City,
Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Patty Shipton,
CPRP, Senior Physician Recruiter, at - or apply online at
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of
our faculty and staff. - We believe diversity is unapologetically
expressing itself through every person's perspective and lived
experiences. - We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender
identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin,
political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: Penn State Health Physician Recruitment, Harrisburg , Division Chief Pediatric Surgery, Other , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!