Regional Code Welder
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a
protector of tomorrow!Regional Code WelderLancaster, PAVaried
Shifts (10-12 hours, potentially up to 7 days per week)80-90%
TravelYou must be legally authorized to work in the country where
this job is located and not require any sponsorship assistance from
Covanta WHAT YOU'LL DO:The job description for this position shall
include the repair of refuse boiler pressure parts, associated
parts as governed by the BPPI Code as well as associated auxiliary
equipment and other maintenance work requiring mechanical skills.
This work will be performed during both outage (planned
maintenance) and non-outage (unplanned maintenance) periods at
Covanta operated facilities. The position will involve extensive
travel to those facilities with overnight stays, weekend and night
work as required.WHAT YOU'LL BRING:Position Requirements:
- To qualify you must have at least 5 years experience in the
repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Have a minimum 5 years in power plant operating
- Formal technical or apprenticeship training is desired.
- Valid Driver's License issued by state of residence and in good
- Pressure part welding of carbon steel and stainless with
previous qualification in all positions to NBIC code specs.
- Must be able to read and use blue prints, construction drawings
and AWS welding symbols.
- Must be capable of performing welding in SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW
as well as all portable cutting technologies.
- The ability to read, understand and apply information such as
OSHA lockout/tagout procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses,
and procedure manuals.
- Training and experience in general rigging practices
specifically in boiler element rigging.
- Training and skills in metal working tools and metal working
shop equipment in the performance of his/her assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work various shifts.
- Flexibility to respond for on-call unscheduled boiler tube
repair support and work a varied schedule as required.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills are a must.Physical
- Ability to stay alert while sitting for long periods of
- Ability to work in close quarters and confined spaces
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding and structures
- Ability to tolerate heights, tolerate high temperatures
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. #LI-SS1Covanta is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.EOE AA
M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The
poster can be found at ). Level, Title and/or Salary may be
adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this
site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Harrisburg , Regional Code Welder, Other , Bainbridge, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!