Gas Utility Apprentice
Company: UGI Utilities, Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2023
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility
company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable
energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and
1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive,
engaging energy company. -The foundation of our success lies in the
strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the
expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every
day. -We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistanceJob SummaryThis entry level position in our
Middletown, PA office performs general natural gas utility tasks. -
Incumbents must live within 30 minutes commuting distance of the
office in Middletown or relocate within the initial six months.
Employees will qualify through training and experience to do all
pipe fitting and utility tasks including: gas meter turn-ons,
building/installing single and multiple gas meter sets, meter
changes, service shut offs, and responding to gas odor
complaints/CO complaints/fire calls, and facility damages. -The
Utility A will perform after hours on-call responsibilities when
qualified. -Employees will enter a four-tiered progression and must
complete training and experience to qualify for progression to the
Mechanic II level. -Duties and Responsibilities
- Pipe fitting
- Gas service turn-on's and shut off's -
- Meter change outs/replacements
- Facility locating
- Emergency responseKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and general health
physical and physical abilities test.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Possess a valid PA Driver's License with safe driving history.
- Must live within the service territory of the job
- Mechanical ability and ability to do physical labor.Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in pipe fitting, plumbing,
HVAC installation or a related field.
- Associate degree in plumbing, HVAC, or related field a plus.UGI
Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. -As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the
Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
-The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran
status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
-Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment
drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be
subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies.
As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI
cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical
marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician.
Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using
medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Keywords: UGI Utilities, Inc, Harrisburg , Gas Utility Apprentice, Other , Middletown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!