Certified Medical Assistant Team Lead
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant Team Lead
Location: Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Centre County Community Medicine Division
Date Posted: 10/06/2023
Job ID: R-53008
Job Summary---Directs and supervises support staff of Geisinger.
Assures that patients are treated with concern and that providers
are provided with prompt and courteous service. Graduate of an
accredited 1-year certificate or 2-year diploma Medical Assistant
program preferred. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered
Medical Assist (RMA) required. Certified by one of the listed
governing associations required: NHA, AMT, AAMA, NAHP, NCCT, AAH,
- ---Performs all duties of a certified medical
- Supervises all support staff.
- Participates in recruitment, interview and selection process of
nurses and support staff.
- Coordinates training and orientation programs for the nursing
and other clinical staff.
- Assesses ongoing training needs.
- Schedules employees and manages resources on a daily
- Serves as a resource to answer questions and resolve
- Plans and conducts in-service and other informational meetings
- Encourages and coordinates continuing education for self and
- Monitors performance and provides feedback.
- Conducts performance appraisals.
- Evaluates job competencies.
- Addresses performance problems, initiating the discipline
process if required.
- Intercedes on behalf of assigned personnel when problems are
encountered with physicians, patients, or other clinic
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for assigned
- Assures adherence to regulatory agency requirements, safety
standards, and infection control procedures.
- Evaluates operations and recommends and implements changes to
improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for staffing plans.
- Monitors, evaluates, and revises as appropriate.
- Coordinates purchasing activity, including but not limited to,
monitoring inventory and supervising the ordering of items as
- Coordinates activities with other sections and
- Acts as a liaison with other groups, both internal and external
- Prepares and monitors all required monthly reports.
- Provides clerical, clinical or diagnostic support services to
patients or providers.---Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Medical Assistant AMCA - American
Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Certified Medical Assistant Team Lead, Other , Aaronsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!