Community Health Assistant II (Hybrid Work Location)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Community Health Assistant II (Hybrid Work
Location: Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Innovations Division
Date Posted: 09/26/2023
Job ID: R-52856
Job SummaryWorks within the community providing outreach to
patients with complex medical and social needs. Acts as a resource
to assist patients in navigating the health care system.
- Orients and assesses new Community Health Assistants.
- Provides regular assessment of the level of proficiency
demonstrated by staff during the orientation period in order to
support decisions to move staff along in training or refocus until
proficiency is met.
- Assists in the identification and outreach of medically complex
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the development
and implementation of the care plan.
- Engages patients by way of home visit, hospital visit, and
accompanying patients to Providers appointments as needed.
- Completes Vital Signs
- Identifies gaps in care and connects members with
- Facilitates telemedicine visits with members and providers
- Performs disease specific education
- Conducts Medication Review to ensure Medication adherence
- Conducts safety evaluations in patients home.
- Facilitates adherence to treatment plan by early identification
and resolution of gaps in care.
- Communicates all concerns to clinical team and manager as
necessary, seeking support and guidance proactively.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team conference in order to
maximize the treatment plan.
- Provides reinforcement of the treatment plan under the
direction of the Case Manager and Licensed Social Worker.
- Provides support and is available for consultation and case
review as needed.
- Schedules appointments and performs clerical duties as
- Builds relationships within the community in order to identify
resources that are available to the patients.**This position will
be required to report onsite but will eventually have the
capability of remote work**Work is typically performed in an office
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.*Relevant
experience may be a combination of related work experience and
degree obtained (Associate's Degree = 2 years; Bachelor's Degree =
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 7 years-Relevant experience* (Required)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Community Health Assistant II (Hybrid Work Location), Other , Paxinos, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!