Advanced Practice Clinician
Company: Planned Parenthood Keystone
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) serves 37 counties in Pennsylvania, home to over half of Pennsylvania residents. We operate 9 medical centers that serve over 35,000 patients annually. Our mission is to provide and promote access to the essential health care services and comprehensive education people need to live healthy lives and build strong communities.
WHY JOIN PLANNED PARENTHOOD KEYSTONE? Because we value...
- CHOICE and believe that all people have the basic right to decide freely and responsibly whether and when to become parents.
- DIVERSITY throughout all aspects of our work.
- OUR COMMUNITY and we promote an environment of mutual support, trust, and respect.
- EDUCATION and we promote responsible decision-making.
- EXCELLENCE and believe it is integral to all that we are and all that we do.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for qualified Advance Practice Clinicians (Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners) interested in joining our dedicated team of medical providers.
We are looking for a part-time Clinician for our Harrisburg Medical Center.
Our medical providers provide a variety of health services including family planning and birth control, cancer screenings, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, abortion related care, pregnancy testing, and patient education. Provider Responsibilities Include:
- Perform physical examinations and interpret findings
- Provide STI testing and treatment for both male and female patients
- Prescribe and provide contraceptives, and treatments for specified medical conditions
- Provide factual, non-biased information to clients seeking abortion. Describe the difference between medication and surgical abortion
- Provide prescriptions and/or services in colposcopy, loop electro surgery, prescriptions, and IUD insertion as needed, trained, legally permitted, licensed, certified, and insured Minimum Qualifications:
- Successful completion of accredited NP or CNM program
- Active Pennsylvania medical license and current CPR certificate
- Interest in providing caring and compassionate services to low income, diverse population
- Experience in reproductive healthcare preferred.
- Ability and interest in working independently, calmly, and efficiently
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired
- Ability to provide reproductive healthcare services to socioeconomically diverse populations with compassion
- Ability to provide reproductive health care services with a non-judgmental, client-centered approach
- Commitment to quality healthcare Planned Parenthood is an equal employment opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender and gender expression/identity, age, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, uniformed service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood Keystone, Harrisburg , Advanced Practice Clinician, Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!