Truck Driver - Yard Jockey - Average $58K Annually - $5K Sign On Bonus - Black Horse Carriers
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Truck Driver - Yard Jockey - Average $58K Annually - $5K Sign On
Bonus - Black Horse Carriers (Job Number: 2117171)
We are seeking safe, professional, and experienced drivers who are
looking for a company to call home. Penske Logistics recently
acquired Black Horse Carriers and together, we bring the best the
transportation industry has to offer. As a driver for an industry
leader, you'll enjoy exceptional equipment, technology, safety
practices, over-the-road support, and service.
- Route/activity: Yard drivers are responsible for moving
trailers around on our dedicated yard, averaging 30-35 moves per
day. Home daily!
- Shift: Sunday-Thursday night, 11pm-8am. Average 45 hours per
week. 1-2 Saturdays per month may be required.
- Equipment: Yard tractors, 48'-53' dry van trailers.
- Compensation: $21 per hour. OT after 40 hours! Average $58K
annually, PLUS $5K sign-on bonus!
- Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
- Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents,
traffic violations, and damage before and after route
- Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift
and fuel your career as a CDL Class A/Yard Truck Driver for Penske.
When you join Penske, you join a team of professional truck drivers
committed to delivering products safely and on time. And we're
proud to haul freight for some of the world's leading brands.
But it's more than that. It's about incredible customer service and
building relationships with your accounts. When you drive for
Penske, you're representing Penske, but you're also representing
your clients. In fact, you'll probably be driving their branded
trucks and wearing their uniform.
You'll be on the move with Penske and so will your career. We have
tons of training opportunities for you. And with locations across
the nation, you can also move to a new city.
Best of all, you'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is
known for having the best equipment, great management, clear
communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday,
and for most of our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes,
daily. Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for
- Outstanding company safety record
- Career stability and opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including Health, Dental and
- Lots of time off including paid holidays and vacation
- Driver referral bonuses
- 401k program with company match
- Company Paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Dedicated accounts
- Regular safety training
- Driver uniforms, jackets, safety gear, GO bags provided and
- CDL Class A license required
- Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate
DOT medical card required
- 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3
years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience
in the last 5 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or
- Excellent customer service skills
- Drivers must be registered with FMCSA clearinghouse
- Focused on safety
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening
required.This position is regulated by the Department of
Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company,
and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a
safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept
responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle
and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the
rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Harrisburg , Truck Driver - Yard Jockey - Average $58K Annually - $5K Sign On Bonus - Black Horse Carriers, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!