SYGMA - Warehouse Supervisor
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: January 13, 2022
US3063 Sygma Pennsylvania, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
This position supervises warehouse and distribution activities to
promote safe, efficient, and optimal utilization of our facilities,
equipment, and personnel. Ensures work standards are met to
receive, put away and ship merchandise in an effective and accurate
method. Performs effective, timely communications to respective
associates and management as necessary. Maintain and protect
warehouse integrity and security. Performs all duties safely,
accurately and meets set productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Send/receive positive communications to responsible
- Monitor receiving and shipping procedures to ensure that
products are unloaded, received, put away, selected, and loaded in
the most efficient manner for the greatest customer
- Communicate and reinforce policies and procedures (Coaching
Maximizing Performance Program, Preferred Work Methods, and Best
Business Practices) to ensure associates are trained in safety, job
knowledge, and attainment of performance standards.
- Plan, schedule to cover vacation, holidays, workers
compensation, and other shift fill-ins, and coordinate personnel
needed to accomplish all warehousing activities.
- Monitor workflow, balance staff between all work areas to
maintain an even flow, and monitor productivity and volume using
the labor management system.
- Monitor associate's work (labor management) and perform
associate evaluations on an on-going basis to coach them on
expectations, reward above average performance, and identify and
coach poor performance levels.
- Reduce overtime by utilizing the Daily Planning Tool
- Work effectively with Transportation to maximize flow of
receiving and shipping processes.
- Work with Inventory Control and Operations Systems to ensure
that all product integrity is maintained and is properly stored and
- Foster an environment that encourages associate involvement,
commits to quality of work from self and others, and provides
leadership for mutual benefit of the company, customers, and
- Ensure that all required associate records, evaluations, and
related documentation are filed in a timely, consistent, and
- Act as a problem solver for associate relations issues and
- Work effectively with Inventory Control to minimize warehouse
shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for appearance, maintenance, and security of
warehouse and equipment.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to eliminate accidents and
- Support the safety effort by participating on the safety
committee and working with the safety department to resolve safety
- Ensure warehouse computers and RF (radio frequency) equipment
are used in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies
(i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate
- Understand and ensure compliance with all applicable
State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP,
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures,
and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and
quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our
Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as
- Directly supervise fifteen to twenty-five associates. Carry out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the site's policies
and procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Recruit,
interview, hire, and train associates to fulfill staffing
requirements. Plan, assign and direct work, evaluate performance,
reward, and coach subordinates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. An individual should contact the Human Resource
representative or hiring manager if he or she believes that an
accommodation is needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Internal non-exempt candidates must be in a lead position to
qualify for the Supervisor position or possess prior lead or
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
between associates, peers, and site management.
- Must have ability to plan and organize work and time, analyze,
and disseminate numerical data, follow policies and procedures,
possess basic math skills, and identify and solve problems. Must
have basic computer knowledge.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is
required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred, or three to five years
warehouse related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Completion of a
supervisory training program is also required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations is required. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, procedure manuals, and to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and customers is also required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret
- It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a
proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using
previous education and experience in identifying appropriate
actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always
be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying
past applications or creating a solution unique to the current
situation but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certification on material handling equipment is required, or
the ability to become certified.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- The working conditions and physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human
Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear and to use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard and mouse. The associate is frequently
required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and
reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required
to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 40
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and
seldom lift and/or move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability
to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Job duties are performed in a
warehouse environment and is frequently exposed to varying
temperatures to include the freezer, cooler, and dry warehouse
locations. While performing the duties of this job, the associate
is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or
other mechanical equipment. The associate is frequently exposed to
wet and/or humid conditions, vehicle emissions, contained toxic or
caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level
in the work environment usually is loud.
- This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the
ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work
(days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work
hours may vary, or change based on departmental requirements.
- The position may require some travel to support business
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to
describe the principal functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Harrisburg , SYGMA - Warehouse Supervisor, Professions , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!